Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh no, I hope the fact that I still wear a slip didn't set you off.
    You can feel happy that Eden's comment on this thread induced me to do some retail therapy. I bought 3 pairs of the merino tights, a pair of the flat ones in grey (yes, they were sold out of the black in small) and 2 pairs of the tonal patterned ones.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Oh no, I hope the fact that I still wear a slip didn't set you off.
    You can feel happy that Eden's comment on this thread induced me to do some retail therapy. I bought 3 pairs of the merino tights, a pair of the flat ones in grey (yes, they were sold out of the black in small) and 2 pairs of the tonal patterned ones.
    No, it didn't. It was the initial (negative) implication that if one doesn't wear a slip, we're somehow lacking. I wear slips when appropriate. I don't really care if or when someone wears a slip as long as I'm not privy to their privates. Under a knit skirt like the one in the link, a slip or pettipants would look like h3ll. BTW, pettipants are still readily available.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Yea, I know... I bought one about 4 years ago. Almost time for a new one.
    You know, to me, a slip is just the thing that keeps my skirt or dress from sticking to my tights. I never thought of one as a "privacy" shield! I've tried using hairspray to solve the problem, but got tired of sticky thighs. I could care less if someone wears a slip; in fact, I am sure most of my colleagues don't know what one is.
    If we could invent something that stopped the stickiness problem, we'd be millionaires.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    If we could invent something that stopped the stickiness problem, we'd be millionaires.
    I know!!

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Where does one find the "pettipants"? I really hate slips b/c they are usually not cut full enough to not feel like they restrict movement if I have to run or take stairs two at a time...but the stickiness issue can be annoying with tights under some skirts. Those would solve both problems.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Have you asked Mr. Google?

Footed tight recommendation for under a wool knit skirt

I was just thinking I needed a slip to keep my skirts from sticking to tights and leggings too.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Where does one find the "pettipants"? I really hate slips b/c they are usually not cut full enough to not feel like they restrict movement if I have to run or take stairs two at a time...but the stickiness issue can be annoying with tights under some skirts. Those would solve both problems.
    Search on Amazon. Some the the results are hilarious.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Slips not only make lumps and bumps under my knit skirts, but the skirt turns into a merry-go-waist. Honest to goodness, my skirts are twisted backward in no time at all. The friction is easier to deal with.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 01-11-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Heh. I'm the same way (not that I've worn a sheer enough skirt in a very long time ). I wore slips fairly often for privacy. Skirts are one of those things like your butt crack in bike shorts ... I really had to look in a mirror with a strong light behind me to know whether I needed a slip or not! Most of the suits I've bought more recently have a self-liner in the skirt. But as far as static, yeah, slips always made that worse for me.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Jolt, the last one I bought was at Macy's (the one we met at to do the Madie hand off!). I would go to the lingerie department of any good department store, or a real lingerie shop.
    Yes, I can imagine what you get when you search for petti pants.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

My wool tights came. It was about 19-24 today and they kept me warm, but I feel a slight itch in the ah, rear area. Not so much in the legs.
    They are still winners and they look great, especially with a sweater dress.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

SK - why would a slip not work with that skirt? I have a short, black, stretchy slip that I wear with all my short black stretchy wool knit skirts and dresses all winter once tight season hits. I wear them all without it in the summer but those stupid tights (no matter what the material!) makes skirts cling like glue to my thunder thighs. Without it, two steps and I'd be wearing my skirt as belt.

I do get a little bit of spin going, but no worse than if I wore the same skirts sans slip and tights in the summer, so I'm used to it. It's my big butt/thunder thigh/small waist curse to bear.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Back before I thought about chemical exposures I used to spray my slips and knit skirts with some of that anti-static stuff. I wonder what was in it.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    SK - why would a slip not work with that skirt? I have a short, black, stretchy slip that I wear with all my short black stretchy wool knit skirts and dresses all winter once tight season hits. I wear them all without it in the summer but those stupid tights (no matter what the material!) makes skirts cling like glue to my thunder thighs. Without it, two steps and I'd be wearing my skirt as belt.

I do get a little bit of spin going, but no worse than if I wore the same skirts sans slip and tights in the summer, so I'm used to it. It's my big butt/thunder thigh/small waist curse to bear.
    I've never had a slip that didn't end up as a belt under the skirt. I have plenty of my own lumps and bumps. Is there some new miracle fabric or design that I don't know about?

I found a variety of tights from Hue at my local Macy's that I haven't tried yet. One is even a wool blend. The legs are extra long. I mean LONG!