Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Put the clipless pedals back on today

To disable ads, please log-in.

About a year and a half since my fall resulting in 3 broken metatarsals, I finally decided to go back to clipless pedals. I had my Ergon pedals taken off today and went back to my old SPDs. Had my seat height and cleat placement checked while we were at it. I am hoping that the clipless pedals will help with the leg fatigue I have been dealing with since last summer. We have some nice weather forecast for Sat. and a 40 mile ride planned, so that will be a good test to see if it helps.

Grits

2010 Trek 5.2 Madone WSD, SI Diva Gel Flow
    2002 Terry Classic, Terry Liberator

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Have you thought about going to pedals that have a larger base than SPD's? Like SPD SL's or Look?
    The A600 SPD pedal also has a wide base, with shoe-to-pedal contact approximately equal to that of the usual road pedal choices, but fit the smaller SPD cleat. I'll be going back to mine once I get used to the clipless pedals and feel comfortable taking the training-wheel-A530's off.

Another option, anyway.
    "Susie" - 2012 Specialized Ruby Apex, not pink/Selle SMP Lite 209

I like my SPDs. I just took them off because of the broken foot and pain in clipping/unclipping and a little left over anxiety about the accident. I also don't want to invest in a new system now.

Grits

2010 Trek 5.2 Madone WSD, SI Diva Gel Flow
    2002 Terry Classic, Terry Liberator

Good luck with the pedals! Enjoy your ride!
    "Susie" - 2012 Specialized Ruby Apex, not pink/Selle SMP Lite 209