Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Les Mills RPM Anyone?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Has anyone taken a Les Mills RPM spinning class? I understand it is quite different from other types of spinning classes. I am trying to determine the wisdom of trying one out since the bikes are a bit large for me (a bit too stretched) and my neck tends to be finicky where spinning classes are concerned (more so than riding outside). I hear that it is designed well to hit key heart rate levels, sounds like it would be good for cardio endurance...

Don't know about the bikes, but my old gym tried these classes and they were run out of town by people like me. I dislike "programmed" or scripted routines that are the same for 2 weeks and then you get another one. They also tried the step and Body Pump stuff and the Body Pump stuck, but I hated that, too. I am sure it is perfectly programmed for endurance, but I just didn't like it.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

The Les Mills classes are very popular at my gym....but I don't see much "cross pollination" between the Les Mills fans and us strange metabolic-functional-folks (whatever you call what we do). There are a couple of us in my group training who go to the occasional Body Pump or RPM class, but most don't - though some of us spin on our own when there isn't a class. Considering how my neck feels tonight, and I've sessions both Wed and Thursday morning, I think I am going to give it a miss and get a bit of sleep tomorrow. I normally have training on Tuesday morning but he cancelled as he is a strong Irish fan And...I just don't like those old Schwinns.

Thanks for giving me your opinion.

I am a roadie and absolutely love RPM!! I do it twice a week as part of my training. I find our instructors really motivating. And honestly I think it has really helped my hill climbing