Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Koobi SI Classic Gel...OUCH!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I purchased the Koobi SI after reading some very good reviews here, but unfortunately this wasn't the saddle for me. It felt o.k. the first few rides, but gradually began to give me such pain in my sitbones that my butt hurt when I sneezed! And this wasn't sneezing on the bike. This was lying on my side, on the couch, trying to give my butt a rest, and sneezing, and still feeling it in my sore butt! I was in agony after my last ride and am sending it back. I just purchased a Terry Butterfly Ti and Liberator Ti Race and am hoping one of these will be better. I just attached the Butterfly yesterday and feels good upon first sit. Time will tell.

I'm a new rider and now I really see what an individual thing saddle comfort is.
    Last edited by boulderbliss; 02-01-2006 at 04:21 AM.

good luck with the Terry! Saddles truly are so personal - there's someone here that Swears by the Koobi, other by the Terry, me: I ride the Specialized BGs and am terrified to try anything else! You'll know it as soon as you find it and you'll never want to switch!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"