Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Winter 2013 stationary cycling

Let's share our indoor training for this winter here. I'll be the first with 2 trainings this year. Our icy streets and strong wind blowing keep me from going out

This is my workout on the 2nd. I did 3 times 8 minutes intervals with 2 minutes easy between.
    Today I did 5 times 3-minite intervals + one 5-minute interval. Rest between: 1 minute.

I know that the easy spinning between the intervals must be longer but my HR drops easily and it's difficult to raise it again.
    Usually I listen to Ministry of sound or some other dance music. Watching a movie distracs me and if I watch a movie, my spinning becomes easy to moderate which is a waste of time on the trainer.

I did an hour on the trainer on 1/1. I got a boxed set of Italy Rides from Global Rides for my birthday and we did Speed & Power in Italy. Obviously, very gorgeous scenery to distract you while you ride. Thom was on his rollers and learned that you can not lean with the riders.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I've been on my trainer for about a month now. I found a few free podcasts on iTunes, Get Cyc'd, that I have started doing.

I'm looking forward to what workouts others do....I need productive ideas!
    2011 Giant TCR Composite

Quote Originally Posted by molliewog View Post
    I'm looking forward to what workouts others do....I need productive ideas!
    You can have a look here: http://www.training4cyclists.com/how...ax-in-14-days/ I should say the program is quite demanding and you should be prepared to suffer. The good thing is that the workouts are short but rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Anelia View Post
    You can have a look here: http://www.training4cyclists.com/how...ax-in-14-days/ I should say the program is quite demanding and you should be prepared to suffer. The good thing is that the workouts are short but rewarding.
    Thank you! I will certainly give this a try.
    2011 Giant TCR Composite

Gym yesterday and Today but here is the past few rides in reverse. I have been riding the trainer during the week for the past month due to it being to cold and dark before and after work...

Wed- 10 min warmup then 90 mins at 160hr cadence 90-100rpm
    Tues- I ran 5 miles
    Mon-Off
    Sun- 2.15 hours.. I started with a 30 mins at 130 power then got bored and did 3 x 20 min on 10 off with the on being cadence over 120, hr around 160, then cool down(was supposed to have ridden on the road for 3.5 hours with hr avg 150 but it was way to cold and icy out).
    Sat- warm up then 6x6 on 3 off for the on, cadence around 65-70 hr 168-173 power tried to be around 200.