Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

That does sound like over training.
    I went to a spin class yesterday for the first time in about a month. I worked hard, lots of climbing, which I do almost entirely seated, and I sweat a lot.
    The spin participants at this gym are such a motley lot, the time passes quickly, because I am people watching. But, they talk too much. I'm there to work, not socialize. There are a few of the other people from boot camp there, but I don't usually have a bike near them, as they all come late.
    I had some "hoo ha" issues yesterday, which I attribute to wearing one of the newer pairs of Sugoi RS shorts my DH bought me. The chamois is just a little thicker and wider than my older pairs, and because I got them at the end of the season, they haven't been broken down in the wash enough. That, combined with the crappy spin bike seats did it, but I am fine now. Back to my Bellas for spin.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

It started raining yesterday, I got wet all over because I disregarged the rain signs: heavy clouds, still air...and went for a ride. Today it kept raining so I trained inside.
    Even though I haven't had a rest day for more than 10 days, my HR was OK and I felt good.

This is it! When I have rest from biking, I don't feel well on the first day. Today I felt my muscles sore (especially the calves) and my interval training failed: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/276189597

I did what I hope is my last ride on the trainer for the winter. Next weekend is predicted to be around 50 degrees F, so DH will redo the bar tape and check the chains on both of my bikes.
    If there's any more cold/snow/rain I will either go to a spin class, run, or x country ski, once the trainers get put in the closet at the end of the week.
    Did the ascending seated/standing hill interval workout and sweat like crazy. But, I can stand and pedal on the trainer for 3 minutes now, which I couldn't do in December.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I just did my second trainer session of the year. The first was about a week and a half ago, when I rode about 40 minutes while watching Pride and Prejudice (the Colin Firth/Jennifer Ehle version). My butt hurt for several days afterward.

And then things got busy at work again and I had a visit from my parents for a few days.

But today I rode 45 minute while watching the Spinervals dvd where Coach Troy rides in Baltimore County, MD. For the first time since last October, I genuinely want to go outside and ride my bike. The burnt-out feeling is finally in my rearview mirror.

And a friend just sent me a 20% off gift card for TE....

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Winter 2013 stationary cycling

I wanted to put plants in my pond, but is it too late now? Would plants like duckweed, frogbit, water hyacinth, water lettuce, etc die in the winter?

I love stationary cycling.
    But Indoor cycling has benefits and disadvantages too.

Hi Crankin,
    Love to hear your story. Check out the 10 cycling tips for beginners.

hi!

I love stationary cycling. But Indoor cycling has benefits and disadvantages too.
    Your kind words warmed my heart))