Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Today I did my Yoga-Spin program, from the Cyclo-Core set.
    Five minutes of warm up yoga
    Get on the bike, do 5 minute warm up spin in easy gear at 80 rpm
    Then, did 5 X 3 minute intervals, using ascending gearing, until I was in the hardest one, which is 52/11. One minute rest interval in between.
    Of course, I ignored the directions to keep the cadence at +100 (yeah, right), but due to the past 2 weeks of doing some other types of trainer stuff, I could keep a steady cadence of 50 until I hit the hardest gear, and then it slipped a bit.
    Two minute cool down, 80-90 rpm in an easy gear, get off of the bike and...
    Twelve minutes of power yoga, holding poses for at least 30 seconds to a minute.

One thing I noticed today is that I had the natural urge to stand on the trainer and stretch, and when I did this, my cadence actually went up for the first time, ever. I hope this transfers to outside, so when I see DH do his acceleration, I can try to stay behind him. Being that I am always behind him, I can always know when he is going to do this and it looks so easy, until I try to do it.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Workout this morning:
    Warm up set:
    5 minute warm up, easy spin
    3 sets of 30 seconds sitting, 30 seconds standing at an easier intensity (this was hard, as I have trouble standing in easier gears), zone 2-3, with 1 minute easy spin in between
    6 minutes of one legged drills with 80% effort on one leg/20% on the other, zone 2-3
    Main set #1:
    4X3 minute intervals, consisting of 70 rpm, each interval at increasingly harder gears, zone 3-4
    2 minute easy spin
    Main set #2
    4X3 minute intervals, where the first 2 minutes are seated and the last one is standing, using harder gears than above set, zone 4-5

7 minute cool down
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I go do 40-60 minutes on my spin bike 3-4 times a week. I turn on a pandora workout station and keep pace with the songs, raising and lowering resistance to keep my heart rate and breath where I want it....resistance and speed always keeping my legs burning just a little. Most of my time sitting, some standing. A little 5 min warm up and cool down, followed by a 30 min power yoga dvd. This usually gets the job done, I'm happy and covered in sweat by the end.

Ride & Smile

2013 Trek Lexa SLX

I have been attending 3 times a week Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays to Performance bike in Greenwood for Free indoor group rides. And on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and sometimes Sundays I do easy indoor rides by myself. I am really enjoying these sesions and the best part: they are free!... I just gotta take my bike, the trainer , a towel and my water.

1hr indoor - These sessions are the reason I stay motivated. Otherwise at home I will be just looking from the distance at my trainer everyday.

Tuesdays : Hills Intervals. ( lots of climbing )
    Thursdays: High Tempo with little simulated climbing
    Saturdays: Combination of the first two

All these with general tips about clipping and unclipping, going down hill /climbing, braking, shifting etc etc. I really enjoy it and also appreciate the fact he is doing this for free just because he loves cycling and wants to share his knowledge.

The rest of the days I do easy 30-40 minutes indoor at home with maybe 2 hard 1minute duration climbs and a couple of fast spinnings for 2 minutes each or so and then the rest just at a fast but comfortable pace and resistance.

I will continue doing this until the weather gets warmer enough to start riding outside and commuting.

Love Never Fails
    2012 Giant Revel 1 -MTB
    2013 Giant Defy 5 - RB(Commute/Easy Rides) "Trooper"
    2012 Diamondback Response XE MTB (my son's)

13' FUJI SUPREME 1.3C (Selle Italia Diva/Easton EC70 SL) "My Girl"

We don't have a trainer but do have Rollers. I can be balance challenged on the rollers so the DH bought me the fork stand and I have zero excuse for not riding indoors. In the process of setting it all up the other day, I manged to smack my knee on the top of the fork stand - talk about pain. I did manage to hobble onto my bike and had a productive 35 minute workout w/intervals but the next day I was certainly limping. Will climb back on today as it is still only 1 degrees outside Spring can't arrive soon enough
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

This week I ride mostly outside, so only one short trainer session on Thursday: 20 intervals, 30 sec each with 30 sec rest.

I've been doing the Sufferfest videos for a while here. Pair Sufferfest with TrainerRoad and you have virtual power with a prescribed workout! The Tour of Sufferlandria starts on 26 January. Anyone else participating?

France has the right of it, if this video is anything to go by! I wonder how I can get a set-up like that at home...

Swan,

Now THAT'S what you call motivation!
    Last edited by Bike Writer; 01-22-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

Today I did the first drill I wrote about in this thread, except I did only 5 of the 7 climbing intervals, as I was pressed for time. 35 minutes of work, it was enough!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Crankin, I sorta followed your work out last night too, thanks! I was dripping when I got off the rollers. My fork stand tends to "walk" a bit during intervals so I have to figure out a way to anchor it better.

As I was taking everything apart and putting my bike away I look down and see this huge smear of blood on the floor (concrete) and then see other drops of blood WTH get to checking myself over and see I have sliced my finger somehow. Indoor training is hazardous
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Oy, getting injured from indoor cycling is not good!
    I am glad my Kuota stays on the trainer from January to March 1 or so. If I do ride outside, I ride my Guru. No worry this year, as every warm day I was either working, the roads were full of melting snow/salt, or there were 25 mph winds.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by MMEZ View Post
    I've been doing the Sufferfest videos for a while here. Pair Sufferfest with TrainerRoad and you have virtual power with a prescribed workout! The Tour of Sufferlandria starts on 26 January. Anyone else participating?
    I'm also trying to survive the Tour of Sufferlandria. Just completed Stage 4 about an hour ago.

I don't own all of the Sufferfest workouts yet, so no ToS here (maybe next year!). I did The Hunted last night, and my legs are well and thoroughly trashed!

This week is not a good week for training. I don't know what's happening but I feel heavy, bloated, powerless, and desperate. Today it rained all day long so the trainer was at hand for me in the evening. I tried to do 3 times 5-minute intervals but I couldn't raise my HR enough with the first interval it was the highest, then on the second it dropped to 160-161 and the third one I could barely reach 160 This is only zone 4, I couldn't make it up to 5...And what is more, my HR dropped easily so I had to keep easy periods very short and my muscles hurt...
    I'd better stop complaining and hope that next week I'll have better days

Sounds like your either coming down with an illness or you need a break desperately!