Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Another diet book

To disable ads, please log-in.

Apparetly popular in England, this diet advocates five days of normal eating and two days of "fasting" (though small meals are allowed; it's not a real fast).

It reminds me a bit of the rotation diet, which was popular in the late 1980s. I checked Amazon and was surprised to see the rotation diet book still in print. Haven't heard much about it lately.
    Last edited by PamNY; 03-04-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Hrm. So basically it's telling you to skip lunch twice a week?

Just another way to cut down on calories, by the looks of it. I'd be wary of the "five days eating whatever you want" being the trigger to eat LOTS, and thus not create much of a deficit.

I dunno.. I'm kinda over these fad things. I'm now on the "MY DIET" which sometimes has beans, oatmeal, or cheese, sometimes not, sometimes eating 2 meals a day, sometimes 5, but always lots of vegetables. It seems to be working well so far. Maybe I should write a book.

-- gnat!
    Windsor: 2010 S-Works Ruby
    Pantysgawn: 2011 S-Works Stumpjumper 29er
    Whiz!: 2013 S-Works Crux (Singlespeed)
    Boucheron: 2009 S-Works Tricross
    Haloumi: 2013 Tern P7i
    Kraft: 2009 Singlecross
    Gouda: 2005 Electra Betty
    Roquefort: 1974 Stella SX-73

Huh. I always heard of a rotation diet as something you do so you don't develop new food allergies (for kids with developing immune systems primarily, but also for susceptible adults). Never heard of it for weight loss. (Although allergies can slow metabolism...)

The other thing ... periodic fasting is pretty well established, but I don't know about doing it two days every week ... and who needs a book to tell them to fast two days a week anyway?
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 03-04-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Another diet book

Cyclingfun mentioned this on the Jan/Feb thread...said she was stalled out on WW and was happy with ths plan. I have been interested in this intermittent fasting idea. Maybe she will comment here.
    2013 Gunnar Sport
    2008 Rivendell Atlantis
    2006 Orbea Onix