Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

To disable ads, please log-in.

So here we are at the end of Feb. I see that back at the start I dreamt of being 135lbs from a starting point of 147... Well, I haven't quite made it but am now definitely on the way (141lbs this morning). Altho I haven't posted, I've been reading your posts and it's really been helpful in revving up my motivation, so thanks and very good luck to all.
    BTW, I do WeightWatchers but after 2 years was in desperate need to refresh my motivation - This came, magically, when I heard about a British doctor's idea which has been taking off over here. It's 5:2 - 5 days normal (though fairly sensible) eating then two (non-consecutive days) when I limit myself to 500 kcals - I'm amazed how easy this is proving, and how effective; so that's how I've managed to dump the 6lbs. Anyway, if anyone's curious, look up Dr Michael Mosley in a search engine where you can see if it might be right for you too.
    Jul 2013 - Genesis Croix de Fer
    Nov 2012 - 5yr old Specialized Ruby Comp
    2007 - Giant Cypress hybrid

OK this challenge has been a big fail for me. I'm at 107.4 this morning. That was pretty much my normal weight before I started the challenge last year. I am going back to some of my former eating habits, decreasing my meat intake, and of course, outdoor cycling will be back on my schedule this month.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

124.9 this morning - I am very happy with that and I met my challenge That is now 3 weeks in a row that I've been <126. Now I need to decide what my focus will be for next time - I really need to focus on body composition rather than numbers on the scale - so I might choose maintenance. I will decide by the time Posse puts up the new one - and many thanks you for keeping this going for so long!

Not doing that great, at 110.4 this morning. Yesterday my rv park had a pizza bash and I had four pieces and chips and beer. If nothing else the salt content would contribute to water gain. But certainly I had a lot of a calories this week. Though, I did ride my bike a lot. I ended up with 646 miles in February, the most riding I have ever done in a month.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

105 this morning. I had been 104 or 104.5 all week (weighing every other day), but yesterday we went out for a big BBQ lunch with friends. Not complaining; it was worth every calorie!

Since we're moving back to the US in just over a week, we're going to be going to all our favorite lunch/dinner places here in the coming days, and then will be eating out quite a bit, by necessity, in the US. I just hope I can keep from gaining too much. Worst case, I will just get back on the horse once we get to our house-sitting gig in KC on May 15. I plan on doing lots and lots of cycling!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    105 this morning. I had been 104 or 104.5 all week (weighing every other day), but yesterday we went out for a big BBQ lunch with friends. Not complaining; it was worth every calorie!

Since we're moving back to the US in just over a week, we're going to be going to all our favorite lunch/dinner places here in the coming days, and then will be eating out quite a bit, by necessity, in the US. I just hope I can keep from gaining too much. Worst case, I will just get back on the horse once we get to our house-sitting gig in KC on May 15. I plan on doing lots and lots of cycling!
    Good luck with the move!!

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle
    - Red Trek 6000 mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver Trek 2000 road bike
    - Two awesome and worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    Good luck with the move!!
    Thanks, ny biker! We're beyond excited. But there are many things we'll miss here too, as with every place we've ever moved from. It's bittersweet.
    Emily

Well, I'm still at a stall. 154.6. I'll admit that I'd been doing a very rigorous diet for a couple months and I did lose weight easily (was working with a nutritionist/doc). I, on purpose, added about 300-500 calories back in, thinking upping my exercise would help me lose about a pound a week, but I've simply proved I can maintain well with 1400-1600 calories, even with weight training four days a week, and starting back up cycling (limited and slow) two to three days a week. If I eat any more than that more than once a week, I gain. My doc has advised me that I still need to get 20-25 pounds off my ankle yesterday, so I'm starting back up my official diet tomorrow, and am kinda excited. I also started physical therapy for my ankle this week, and am very impressed with my new PT (I've had so many bad ones over the years), who also happens to be a cyclist, and is damb good looking. Physical therapy sucks, but good visuals make it not so bad at all. Hoping for a happy combination of losing weight while gaining the ability to walk better and get back out on the road with my bike in March!

I don't know if we're doing a next round thing, but if I work look at my stats from my last round of dieting, my goal for March and April is a 20-lb loss.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

I am definitely in for the March-April challenge and feel much better that I have decided to tweak my eating back to what I really enjoy and seems to work. My goal is to lose 3 pounds.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

There will definitely be a March/April one. I'll post a new thread this weekend and folks should chime in there if they are in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DQzRBS1E#gid=0
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Thanks for posting up that link again, possegirl. I was surprised to see that I'd actually lost a couple pounds. In my head, I was in perpetual stall Starting up strict paleo 1100 cal. diet again. I was losing three-four pounds a week when I did it last, which I wouldn't want to do for any length of time, as I do believe it's unhealthy to lose that much for long, but, as my doc. said, this is like emergency surgery, and I'm to stop at six weeks and work on maintaining whatever weight I get to again. My ultimate goal is 135, but realistically, I'm thinking 140 would be about right.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

Thanks Possegal!

I'm going to sit out the next one since I don't know how much access I'll even have to a scale during our move and traveling. Once we get settled in Kansas in mid-May, I'll join the next one. Appreciate you keeping the spreadsheet!
    Emily

January/February Weight Management Challenge

I would like to join in on the next round..lurk here but want to start posting more.

Cyclingfun: there was an article today in the New York Times about that Dr. And diet plan must say I am intrigued. I'm a lifetime WW below my goal..but would also like to get down to 135...
    2013 Gunnar Sport
    2008 Rivendell Atlantis
    2006 Orbea Onix

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post

Emily - also wishing you much luck with the move and will look forward to hearing about your traveling adventures if you plan to post them.
    2012 Specialized Amira S-Works
    2012 Vita Elite
    2011 Specialized Dolce Elite (raffle prize) - Riva Road 155
    Ralaigh Tara Mtn Bike

Forgot to check-in last week:

Missed my goal by a pound, but also feeling bloaty/nasty at this point in the month, so not overly concerned. Onward....