Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

125.8 this morning

Crankin - you do great! Don't get frustrated - the older we get I think it can be more frustrating. You have worked out an approach to nutrition that works for you - there are going to be frustrating times regardless of the nutritional path we choose.

Emily - watch that neck/whiplash! You probably aren't as stubborn as I am where this is concerned. You might want to look up some gentle neck exercises for whiplash to aid in your recovery.

I've finally managed to stay at 125 SOMETHING for 2 weeks in a row While up a bit from last week it is less than a pound and I am happy with it. Given the intensity level of exercise for 4 days this week I suspect I've got some muscle water retention going on. I am actually not supposed to weigh myself during my Whole 30 - but that is virtually impossible for me. Once a week is better than every day

Part of me would love to see 118 again (which I've not seen since I was 17) - but given my focus on strength training I suspect that is setting me up for failure. Better to focus on gaining muscle and lower my BF%. The point of all of this is to go into the next stage of my life as strong and flexible as possible.
    Last edited by Catrin; 02-22-2013 at 03:43 AM.

This is basically my go to weight when I've been eating well and doing my normal amount of exercise. It takes more stringent eating and perhaps, the beginning of the cycling season to move it lower. And last year, I started running in the beginning of March, so that always makes me lose. I still want to get down to 104, and it will happen, just not by next week, probably.
    Emily, I can't tell you how much pain I had from slamming my forehead into my car door. First, I had a car accident in July, and while I wasn't hurt, my whole left side was sore, especially my neck. That took 4-5 weeks to go away. Then, when I hit my head in November, I had 4 weeks of whiplash, headaches on the left side (I hit my right side). It stopped for a couple of weeks in December while I was busy and not weight lifting, etc. It came back at the end of December and now, finally has been fine for 3 weeks. I should have gone for PT, but since I was constantly assessing myself for cognitive issues, I ignored the whiplash. This is a weak area for me, and I won't let that happen again.
    ETA:
    For some reason, I weighed myself again, after spin class and eating a small before spin snack.
    105.8. I'll take that one.
    Last edited by Crankin; 02-22-2013 at 05:01 AM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

109.8. Whatever.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

120! This was my goal, so I'm very, very pleased. On the other hand, I just had a generous slice of molasses cake to celebrate, so maintenance could be an issue in the coming weeks.
    ~Jen
    2008 Trek Madone 5.1/compact double/Terry Butterfly
    My family's food and winemaking blog is www.flahertywines.com

Almost there. I've been bumming around in the 160's for what seems like forever and I'm confident I've never been in the 150's since I was a much shorter, pudgy, teenager (didn't own a scale for years, and was always over that at dr visits).

I'm well aware of all the flaws that go with BMI, but I just checked it for kicks and I'm down to normal (was just at the obese borderline 1.5 years ago when I got a clue...). Interesting, since I've still got a solid gut and can pick out a couple other spots with (not-so)-healthy fat stores.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
    109.8. Whatever.
    That's not whatever...that's great! You're losing, don't beat yourself up!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

105.0 today. Figured I'd gained since I'd gotten less exercise this week with my injuries, but I only gained .5, so I can't complain at all!

The whiplash was very, very minor. Thanks for your comments catrin and crankin, but in my case, the pain only lasted 3 days. and by day 3 was very mild. It doesn't hurt at all now. When I took a more serious tumble on my MTB, I had whiplash that lasted a couple of weeks, but not this time.

We got out and rode yesterday afternoon in the same place where I had my run-in with the fishing line. I was so nervous riding through there! But we took it slow, and of course everything was fine. Once we got past that area and into the section with a wide road (and nowhere to tie fishing line as there's water on one side, we had a blast. And we had a tailwind all the way back!
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I know the feeling!!!

155. Bah Humbug.
    Exactly. I was 155.0 on Friday (forgot to post), and I'm 154.8 today. I'd had lost a significant amount of weight on a rather extreme diet, and wanted to give my body a break by upping my calories to the 1400-1500 range and exercising more. I've kept my weight training stable (been doing this for over a year) at 3 to 4 times weekly even while dieting, and as my injury healed, I've been doing hour sessions on a Computrainer two times a week, and short (10-20 miles) slow, easy-gear rides outside once a week. I've been eating strict whole foods paleo, minus maybe one or two small cheats a week (a bite of birthday cake, one sushi roll), log every calorie, and I'm really frustrated. Damb menopause! Anyway, I've decided I'm going back on my diet for March (working with a naturopathic doctor), since my ankle doc says I need to get 20-25 more pounds off asap. I'm also starting PT tomorrow, so hopefully, can get my ankle better to add in more cardio. Keeping fingers crossed.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

So here we are at the end of Feb. I see that back at the start I dreamt of being 135lbs from a starting point of 147... Well, I haven't quite made it but am now definitely on the way (141lbs this morning). Altho I haven't posted, I've been reading your posts and it's really been helpful in revving up my motivation, so thanks and very good luck to all.
    BTW, I do WeightWatchers but after 2 years was in desperate need to refresh my motivation - This came, magically, when I heard about a British doctor's idea which has been taking off over here. It's 5:2 - 5 days normal (though fairly sensible) eating then two (non-consecutive days) when I limit myself to 500 kcals - I'm amazed how easy this is proving, and how effective; so that's how I've managed to dump the 6lbs. Anyway, if anyone's curious, look up Dr Michael Mosley in a search engine where you can see if it might be right for you too.
    Jul 2013 - Genesis Croix de Fer
    Nov 2012 - 5yr old Specialized Ruby Comp
    2007 - Giant Cypress hybrid

OK this challenge has been a big fail for me. I'm at 107.4 this morning. That was pretty much my normal weight before I started the challenge last year. I am going back to some of my former eating habits, decreasing my meat intake, and of course, outdoor cycling will be back on my schedule this month.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

124.9 this morning - I am very happy with that and I met my challenge That is now 3 weeks in a row that I've been <126. Now I need to decide what my focus will be for next time - I really need to focus on body composition rather than numbers on the scale - so I might choose maintenance. I will decide by the time Posse puts up the new one - and many thanks you for keeping this going for so long!

Not doing that great, at 110.4 this morning. Yesterday my rv park had a pizza bash and I had four pieces and chips and beer. If nothing else the salt content would contribute to water gain. But certainly I had a lot of a calories this week. Though, I did ride my bike a lot. I ended up with 646 miles in February, the most riding I have ever done in a month.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

105 this morning. I had been 104 or 104.5 all week (weighing every other day), but yesterday we went out for a big BBQ lunch with friends. Not complaining; it was worth every calorie!

Since we're moving back to the US in just over a week, we're going to be going to all our favorite lunch/dinner places here in the coming days, and then will be eating out quite a bit, by necessity, in the US. I just hope I can keep from gaining too much. Worst case, I will just get back on the horse once we get to our house-sitting gig in KC on May 15. I plan on doing lots and lots of cycling!
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    105 this morning. I had been 104 or 104.5 all week (weighing every other day), but yesterday we went out for a big BBQ lunch with friends. Not complaining; it was worth every calorie!

Since we're moving back to the US in just over a week, we're going to be going to all our favorite lunch/dinner places here in the coming days, and then will be eating out quite a bit, by necessity, in the US. I just hope I can keep from gaining too much. Worst case, I will just get back on the horse once we get to our house-sitting gig in KC on May 15. I plan on doing lots and lots of cycling!
    Good luck with the move!!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    Good luck with the move!!
    Thanks, ny biker! We're beyond excited. But there are many things we'll miss here too, as with every place we've ever moved from. It's bittersweet.
    Emily