Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm in.

Start: 166.
    Goals: (a) to check in every week since I haven't been so good about that before and (b) 159.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Woke up today and I had gained 2.5 lbs. I guess I'm never going to be able to eat a dessert again, or a healthy sandwich on whole wheat. I started back to boot camp today, after 2 weeks. But it's not like I've been inactive.
    Don't know what's going on with my body.
    I feel your pain. I'm 48. I've reached my ideal weight of 120, but as soon as I stop logging every bite that goes into my mouth, I gain 2 or 3 pounds (5 if I'm not careful). I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be logging my food for the rest of my life! That just doesn't seem healthy.

So... this morning I was 124.
    Goal: 120. I would actually like to get my morning weight down to 118 so that my doctor's office weight is 120, but that might not be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chile Pepper View Post
    I feel your pain. I'm 48. I've reached my ideal weight of 120, but as soon as I stop logging every bite that goes into my mouth, I gain 2 or 3 pounds (5 if I'm not careful). I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be logging my food for the rest of my life! That just doesn't seem healthy.
    I don't log, but I gain 2-3 lbs at the drop of a hat too. Just one restaurant dinner can do it. Unfortunately, losing 2-3 lbs is much slower unless I get sick! I'm 51 and will be 52 in April. Did not have this problem until I hit 50!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Well, I'm going to be *60* next fall. I'm in much better shape than I was at 45, when I had a temporary aberration of 2-3 years of being slightly overweight, despite exercising. Other than this, and a period of gluttony right after I graduated from college, I weigh around the same as I did in high school. It's just harder to keep it that way. It seems the more I exercise/work out/eat well, the more my body adapts. For some reason, I go through this every winter. I am hoping getting back on track with boot camp 2x a week is the key. Just think, a few months ago, I was worried about losing too much weight.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I'm 52 and have been very active over the past five years (CrossFit until my ankle gave out, rowing at home, personal trainer, cycling), but couldn't keep the weight down, though up until my mid/late 40s, I could eat anything I wanted whenever I wanted, and was a skinny mini. I guess getting the idea that those days are gone didn't sink into my thick skull. I always joked that I was the fittest fat person I know, but it's not funny anymore. I'm on a very strict diet (very low cal paleo) that I won't be able to maintain and be healthy when my ankle is healed enough to start doing some serious mileage on my bike again, but since the weight is coming off quite easily, I can't even pretend that all my weight issues aren't diet related. I've already lost 23 pounds, and am now starting to get how quickly I could put it back on if I'm not very careful. Ugh.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

OK, this is my first weigh in where I weigh more than last week.
    However, this is less than yesterday. This week, my weight was: 108.6, 107.4, 106.8, 108, and then today, 107.
    Last edited by Crankin; 01-11-2013 at 03:34 AM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

155.8. I was hoping for two pounds this week, but I'll take the loss.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

125.6 this morning. Dropping the beer for a month or so - even just 1-2 a week can make a difference. I've also realized that since I've not been riding, I've not been doing much in the way of cardio outside of my group training classes/training. As intense as those can be, it just isn't the same. Time to force myself back on the spin bike or trainer.

My ultimate goal is around 118, but this time of the year it is hard enough to maintain, let alone lose. When I can hit and maintain 125.0 for at least a couple of weeks I will think about what my next goal will be.

I've thought about totally dropping the red wine, but I can't get myself to do it. I lost the weight last winter without totally dropping it, and I need to be realistic. I have decreased the number of days I have my one glass and I have stopped drinking any beer, since we took the beer photo, though. I don't have beer that regularly, but it is just too carb loaded for me right now.
    I might have an easier time dropping or decreasing my daily 2 dark chocolate squares.
    I haven't felt as disciplined as last year, probably because my weight is not as high as it was last year at this time. I think I need to concentrate on being a little more disciplined on the weekends. I know even my weekend eating is better than a lot of people, but it's hard at times. Tonight we are going out, but to a fish restaurant, so I'll be fine. But, tomorrow, we have a house warming party, with what I expect to be lots of bad appetizer type foods.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Start - 122.8
    Goal - 114 by March 1
    Today - 119.8

I'm back to logging everything I eat and have rid the house of all sweet stuff. I'm also making sure I get a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise everyday. That isn't too difficult since I started walking the pup everynight. So if I take a rest day from weights or bike riding, I'm still getting some sort of exercise.
    Last edited by Megustalaplaya; 01-11-2013 at 05:36 AM.

I haven't been as active as I'd like, and I haven't bothered to count calories religiously. There are days when I'm not in control of the day's menu, and I don't want to beat myself up for that. Plus it's hard to track calories when much of the food comes straight from the garden and the butcher. There are no handy little nutrition facts stamped onto the white paper! So I've been drinking extra water -- 10c instead of 8c -- and I've gone down one pound anyway since my last weigh-in. I'm now 192 Hurrah!
    Last edited by Swan; 01-11-2013 at 09:25 AM.

105 today and very happy with that. Haven't been eating any differently but have added 2 additional longer bike rides during the week and 2 stair-climbing sessions (the four flights behind our building done 10 times, up to 11 today). I got to the point where I just couldn't make myself run in the sun (which comes up reallllly early here, even in the winter), so I started doing the stair-climbing with my DH. It works up a sweat quickly but is on the always-shady north side of our building, and right afterwards, I dive in the pool and do laps for a bit.

Now to maintain -- the hardest part by far.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    117.8. Must be dehydrated.

Slamming the brakes on fitness for a bit, so this is going to be tough. Took a good spill just walking out the f-ing door from work and managed to reinjure my leg (injured it originally in July, reinjured in October, and now in January. Super awesome.) AND do something to my shoulder. Shoulder feels like muscle stuff, but the leg is soooo not right. Wah.

111.8. Moving in the right direction slowly. I think slowly is important for me as I cannot seem to get my weight to stay stable.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Small step in the wrong direction, but have the monthly bloaty fun going so not super concerned. I ate well, rode 90 miles, and worked in a couple sessions of core/upper body work, so if it doesn't drop back down next week then I'll re-evaluate.