Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have done yoga every day for the last 2 weeks... and have run only 3 times in the last 2 weeks. It's not that I don't want to run, I'm just loving yoga more at the moment. I NEED to get back out there... but my mat keeps calling me. Le sigh....
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

TriGirl, how far away is your yoga studio (or are you doing your own practice at home)? I've been running about four miles to yoga and back once or twice a week. It means using their mat, but I bring a hand towel, water and a gel for after class. I'm really liking that!

SK, wow, very nice!

I'm still hanging in there ... going to blow off running today since I've got a bunch of walking around to do, which seems to be harder on my Achilles than running is. Probably short and easy tomorrow, then try for a long run Monday. Little by little.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

The gym is only .25 mile away, and the class I go to is from 7-8 at night. I need to start walking to work and running the long way home a couple times a week to get in some mileage. You mentioning running to yoga reminded me I could do that! Thanks!

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

I injured my achilles and haven't run for a week...it's nearly killing me but I've been doing hot yoga and cycling everyday to get me through it! I have osteoarthritis in my hands so while the weather is cooler, it is the best thing...warmth right to the core before heading out on the bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    I have done yoga every day for the last 2 weeks... and have run only 3 times in the last 2 weeks. It's not that I don't want to run, I'm just loving yoga more at the moment. I NEED to get back out there... but my mat keeps calling me. Le sigh....
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp, Specialized BG Lithia w/ hollow Cr-Mo rails
    2009 Specialized Myka FSR, Specialized Windie 143

Yesterday I had to run 200 meters between rounds of back-squats and I noted that it didn't tire me out near like what it once did. My knee even seemed happy with it - though it would have likely been even more happy if I had been in my running shoes rather than cross-fit shoes. I am beginning to wonder if it is time to try some gentle run/walking outside on dirt to see what that feels like when the weather permits... Please note I didn't say that I was running very fast, but I wasn't doing it for time. I suspect that I should probably wait to start trying this until after my 70 flights of stairs in early March...

Did a virtual half marathon today (well, the race was virtual- the run was real).
    It was a crappy day for a run outside- the wind was 30mph and it wiped me out. But any day I get to run is a good day!
    I had to sit down to take my picture at the end... and I didn't even get my head in it.
    I'm doing the 13 in 2013 challenge, so this was half marathon #2 for the year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1069.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	15944  

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

Congrats! Maybe resting your run muscles with yoga has helped! I like the idea of 13 in 2013...I might do that just as personal challenge, not necessarily races, just my own 13 1/2's! I always need something to "complete"!

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    Did a virtual half marathon today (well, the race was virtual- the run was real).
    It was a crappy day for a run outside- the wind was 30mph and it wiped me out. But any day I get to run is a good day!
    I had to sit down to take my picture at the end... and I didn't even get my head in it.
    I'm doing the 13 in 2013 challenge, so this was half marathon #2 for the year.
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp, Specialized BG Lithia w/ hollow Cr-Mo rails
    2009 Specialized Myka FSR, Specialized Windie 143

Wow! Running in 30mph wind! I can't imagine running in that kind of wind even if it was behind me. Nice core btw

I got to ride all weekend. I'll get a short run in tomorrow morning.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

If anyone had peeked into my kitchen at 5am this morning, they would have seen me doing a happy dance while feeding the cats. For the first time in over a week, the weather was good enough to run outside! Actually, with sustained winds near 20mph and rain just ending, I'd normally consider it marginal, but it was 45F and I'm sick of the treadmill. Went 6.5 miles, faster than I meant to, and the tall-building induced gusts downtown were exciting. Thankfully, it was a tailwind on the last mile going home.

I'm really feeling for my local running friends who are trying to train for spring marathons and halfs. I'm focused on building speed this winter, and the treadmill can actually be positive for that. But trying to get in a 15+ mile run in this unseasonable cold has been tough. One friend cancelled a date on Saturday in favor of going for her long-delayed long run...

Well I didn't exactly mean to do 34 miles and two yoga classes in the last five days ... I guess that's what happens when you have a magic 8-ball for a coach and you aren't doing much cycling. The good news is I feel pretty much okay. Meat for dinner tonight, and a couple of easy days (maybe I can even find the motivation for a road bike ride!).

Really gotta get some speedwork in. I'm just so nervous with all the injuries. I did do a few little pick-ups at the end of my 8-miler yesterday though.

Getting there.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

You rock, Oak! I can barely walk to my car after yoga, so the fact that you run to and from class is impressive!

I ran 4 miles Sunday, 3 Tuesday and 3.5 today. All on the treadmill. The weather has been pretty hairy this week.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Girs, it's already February. We need a new thread