Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

The Eddie Bauer Hangfire Hoodie

To disable ads, please log-in.

This is the best jacket yet I have found for cycling and hiking. Super light weight, and great with a wool layer underneath. The only problem is it holds odor! Best for temps in the 40s or up.

I am looking at some of the Sugoi jackets as they may have an option. Smartwool also makes the Hyfi full zip jacket but there are zero reviews on it. I am thinking that smartwool or icebreaker might be the best option for a jacket as their clothing never holds odor.

What's your favorite jacket to run or cycle in?
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

For cycling, I have a Sugoi wind jacket I like a lot. I've never had any issues with odor. It's a little bit heavier than other wind jackets. I have an Assos jacket for riding below 40 degrees. It's great, got it for about 30% of the original price of $300.00.
    For hiking, cross country skiing, and snow shoeing, I have an Ibex very thin wool/poly jacket that I got last year, and an older Go Lite jacket that is super warm. That also has detachable sleeves, to convert into a vest. I'm happy with all of these. Maybe you should look into a thin Smart Wool base layer to prevent odor.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I am really liking the looks of the Icebreaker jackets, two in particular, the Carve and the Rapid jackets. I knowi will end up with one of these.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

I spoke to Icebreaker, and they highly recommend the Quantum hoodie for cycling, running or high aerobic activities. They said this is one of their best sellers.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1