Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Other Low/No-Impact Exercises?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've decided that since I'm off my bike for 8 days per month, I'd rather spend my time doing other gentler, low-to-no impact exercises. So far I've been doing Tai Chi. It didn't really seem like exercise at first, but since you don't stop moving, it sure feels like one afterward.

I used to do modified pilates, think I may take that up again (if I can just get myself on/off the floor... lol!), but no walking/running/jogging for me. My bad knee took a fall the other day and can barely handle the about-to-sit position

If you have access to a pool, you could try aqua jogging.

Quote Originally Posted by tcloud View Post
    If you have access to a pool, you could try aqua jogging.
    ... with the caveat that the belt puts a considerable amount of pressure on the midsection. I am loving water running (well, the effects of it anyway, not really the workout which doesn't get any more boring), and I know some people do it with the footies alone and no belt, but that's definitely "advanced class." If your abdomen is super sore, water running might not be the best workout either.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler