Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Specialized Jett vs Oura, anyone tried both? What is the difference between the two.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks. I have been using a Specialized Jett 143 but am not comfortable in a more aggressive posture on this saddle. Selle Italia Turbomatic Gelflo was a good shape though way too domed and this too narrow. Always on the look out for a good t-shaped saddle with a nice big cut out.

I used both the Jett and Oura, but I'm afraid I'm not much help as I ended up on a Turbomatic. The Oura was slightly more T than the Jett if I remember correctly, but it's been a while. I found the Turbomatic more T than either of the Specialized saddles.

I just got an Oura to replace my Jett. The Jett wasn't bad, but not quite right for me. I found out I was riding a 143 Jett when I need a 155. I have only ridden the Oura on my trainer, but I hope to try it for real this week. Some quick observations....the Oura has a sweet spot that seems to put you in a forward position. No sitting upright! It is more comfortable in the drops than my Jett. No soft tissue pressure at all in the Oura.

Hopefully I will have better feedback once I get a good ride in. So far, I like it. I'm the type that needs a more T shape than pear....hate the Terry Butterfly!
    2011 Giant TCR Composite

I am surprised that there is such a difference between c to c and outside distance. I don't get chafing on the back of my legs with the Jett, did struggle with this with more pear shaped saddle but in the drops there is no room for my junk. The Jett's cut out is tiny, I literally just get mashed not real pinching. I have both the 155 and the 143 Jett and I do better with the 143 with my 135 sit bones c to c. I actually thought that your sit bones tend to wide as your move into a more aggressive posture, do I have this backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I've used the Turbomatic, and found that my sitbones landed directly on the seams in the rear. This cause sciatic nerve compression. But the saddle itself was not too narrow.

Not good.

I've used the Ruby/Toupe for over 2.5 years. Very similar to the Jett and Oura. They don't pinch in an aggressive position, which I think is the reason for such minimal saddles with cutouts. My only issue is the channel to the rear of the cutout is a tad wide, but I appear to have issues in that area with a lot of saddles. If they were seams, I might have the identical problem as I had on the Turbo.

Do you know your outside distance for your sits? My center to center is about 118 in an aggressive position, 125 for more upright. My outside distance is 153 aggressive, and about 160 upright. So...although my center to center is relatively narrow compared to a lot of women on this forum, I still need a 155 in Specialized Saddles because my outside is quite wide. (Probably not related to your pinching problem, but it might be). I started on a 143, and that caused problems.

Do you know your outside distance? Is the saddle the correct width? Your c to c is wider than mine, yet you are on the 143. Still, this is the case with a lot of people here.

Thanks everyone. Looked at models of the female pelvis, does look like you get "narrowing" when rolling forward. I am going to order a Oura 143 as I felt like that Jett 143 seemed to be a good match though didn't have enough space for my junk in a more aggressive position.

I managed to get out for a ride today despite freezing temps. I really like the Oura! Lots of junk space hope it works for you too.
    2011 Giant TCR Composite

Took a second look and bought the Oura in 155, guy at the bike shop told me it was narrower than the Jett. Excited to try it on the trainer tomorrow.