Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sports Bras!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I think if you sell your ill-fitting gently used bras on TE, you may find a buyer. Good bras are expensive.

What size(s) are they?

My Fiona's tend to run smaller in the cups than other brands. And the bands feel a little smaller, too. The problem with ordering online. That plus I'm too lazy to return.
    The only one worth considering is the Juno - it is a 36C in purple. I bought the last one that TE had in stock and it is discontinued. I need to wait until the Freya shows up to see how the new size fits before I decide what to do with this one. I am a bit nervous at pulling the trigger on a size I've not actually seen/tried on before but they do have a generous return/exchange policy. If I do decide to offer the Juno for sale the proceeds would help to purchase a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
    I bought over a $1000 worth of bras from them and returned about $750 worth. Kind of embarrassing, but I wanted to find what would fit. I actually exchanged emails with them and ordered some of what they suggested. They had no problems whatsoever with the returns just as long as the tags were still on the bras. It was inexpensive to ship because I did so many at once.
    Goldfinch - that sounds like it worked well for you. If you had spread that out over a longer time then you would have spent far more in shipping and may not have really found what you liked the best. I had a couple of questions about the Freya and they were very responsive. I really hope it fits...
    Last edited by Catrin; 12-29-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Here is what I mean by 'too low and wide,' scroll down to the picture entitled "don't get used to too low and too wide," it's a before and after picture of incorrect and correct fit. It's the number one problem with bra fit, and results from too wide band combined with too small cup.

Before and After.

Edit: might as well insert the picture, but the article is nice, too.

hmmmmmm, looks familiar I am so glad I started this thread and hopefully all of the information will help other members. I never dreamed for all of my adult life that I wasn't in the right bra. There were such a limited number of sizes in the store and had no idea there were many, many other options. Obviously I needed a larger size back when I was a size 22 but even that probably didn't fit. The article was short, but sweet. Interesting points they brought up.

Hopefully my Freya will be delivered today, but we will see if it gets slowed down after the fresh snow fall last night. It IS in Indianapolis and that is encouraging.

The Freya arrived today! Sadly, however, the E cups are far from large enough so I will need to exchange it for either an F or FF cup. I was going to order the F but second guessed myself. Guess I shouldn't have done that! It was quite difficult to get it on but it felt good once I got it on (and this is what the reviews said), outside of my girls being in a too small cup. The band seemed fine - though I better not gain weight with that band I am unaccustomed to actually FEELING the band but it didn't feel too tight. I will talk with them and determine the next size to try since I am now out of my depth. So far I am really liking their customer service.
    Last edited by Catrin; 12-29-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
    I bought over a $1000 worth of bras from them and returned about $750 worth.
    Heh ... I guess that means they're good about returns! Thanks for the info.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

The exchanged Freya arrived today, and it fit! I thought the cups might be too large until I...ummmmm...adjusted things. This is a great sports bra. I admit that it feels quite odd to have support from the band but I swear that my gals breathed a huge sigh of relief to not be smushed! The bra is very well made and while it doesn't go on, or off, easily, it feels like a dream when on. I am quite glad that I followed my instincts and went up 2 cup sizes and 1 band size to a 32 F (who knew such a wide range of sizes are out there???) I got THIS one (in black) and am very thankful I pulled the trigger when it was on a decent sale...

I forgot to thank everyone for their advice and comments in this thread. I had NO idea how much difference it makes to have properly fitting support! Pity it's taken me so long to figure this out...I am now looking at my others, knowing that I really need to start replacing those as well. As an F cup, AKA DDD, I am beginning to wonder if some of my back twinges have been from improper support...