Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey SilverBullet, I ordered from that guy on ebay, he is very willing to ship to US. Although they will charge you around 50bucks including shipping. Just email him beforehand, thats all

When I ordered, I warned him his link to the saddle was a hot topic on a cycling discussion forum so he knows we're here.

I'm still pondering the Zero X though..... so even if he runs out, I may put mine up.
    Why not go out on a limb? That's where all the fruit is!
    -Mark Twain

Hello Everyone

Firstly, thanks to all those of you that have purchased one of the SMP TRK saddles from us over here in the UK.

I just wanted to address a couple of points to make sure that anyone thinking of buying one knows what to expect.

The price is UK£27.99 including signed for insured airmail delivery.

You should not compare this saddle directly (which is low end specification) with one of the higher specification saddles like the Pro, Plus, Evolution etc. The price gap (which is about UK£90) reflects the superior materials used in the more expensive saddles.

See the ebay listing for more details or any questions, just drop us an email.

Are you all still liking this saddle? I am very tempted to get this one from the UK Ebay guy.

I am a new to cycling and ride a Trek 7.2FX hybrid. My Bontrager stock seat gives me some discomfort on the front sensitive bits so I am thinking the channel might alleviate that issue. But I've read some people think that the most comfy position on this saddle is aero so my more upright position might still give me issues.

I am also thinking of trying a Terry Butterfly (will have to find an LBS with a return/exchange policy).

Please advise.

I've been trying to sell a brand new, never used Ladies SMP saddle, by the way. I live in the US. Just PM me with a fair offer.
    Last edited by Selkie; 06-03-2006 at 12:23 AM.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

ROAD TESTED my SMP Strike!

Took my relatively new Selle SMP Strike with me on a 350 mile 6-day tour in the Catskills and Berkshires. I'd only done up to ~50 mile non-loaded rides with it before that. My girly bits, as always, loved the very wide cut out. I've never been happier with a cutout. But, I did experience some massive inner thigh/crease of the thigh chafage, though I had virtually no chafing on the sit bones area. I'm fairly sure this is due to the width of the nose - maybe TOO wide for comfort. Just a warning. I used a TON of Bag Balm on the crease/upper inner thigh area to keep the chafing down.

I think this saddle is a great shorter-ride or commuter saddle, but I'm definitely not gonna be taking it with me on any more tours or long rides!

-michelle

Quote Originally Posted by rustygrass
    But, I did experience some massive inner thigh/crease of the thigh chafage, though I had virtually no chafing on the sit bones area. I'm fairly sure this is due to the width of the nose - maybe TOO wide for comfort.
    I'm sorry to say that this is why I won't be keeping this saddle either - but the cutout was great!
    (Slinke - if you read this - do you still want my saddle as a backup?)
    Keep calm and carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by bikerz
    I'm sorry to say that this is why I won't be keeping this saddle either - but the cutout was great!
    (Slinke - if you read this - do you still want my saddle as a backup?)
    Let me consult our financial guru, aka my husband, and see what we can swing. Sorry it didn't work out for you! I wonder if one of the other models has a more narrow nose?

Does anyone have one of these for sale? Selle Women's Strike SMP

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog View Post
    I'm not totally sure how wide the gap is, but it is true that you can almost get your hand through it. I've never had the sensation that I might fall in, but I have a pretty big hiney, so I can't imagine that would ever be a problem!! But to answer your question, yes, my sit bones stay where they're supposed to. I don't usually engage the nose too much when I climb... I sit way back on the saddle and spin up any hill that's spinnable. I mash when necessary, but never really notice the nose in this saddle, or any of the others I've had, for that matter, so I don't know if I can help there.

The saddle has a pretty padded back, but it doesn't feel squishy. My sit bones were sore after I rode on Sunday, but not until later in the evening. But I also don't feel like I need a ton of chamois to be comfortable. I rode 30 miles on Sunday with my most minimal chamois and was comfortable the entire ride.

I saw that bikemania.biz has the saddle (Selle SMP TRK) for $75.00 online if anyone wants to bite the bullet and give it a try. That model does come in both men and women's specific styles.

I would love to buy another one of these. Have ridden many miles~3500 on mine and don't want to ever be without one so am looking for a spare...

Quote Originally Posted by easterbird View Post
    I would love to buy another one of these. Have ridden many miles~3500 on mine and don't want to ever be without one so am looking for a spare...
    I've got one that I rode for a couple hundred miles till I couldn't take the pain any more. PM me and we can work out a deal.

Will it work for tri?

Any idea how this saddle works in the aero position?

selle smp saddle

I have ridden the selle smp strike pro and it was hard on the sit bones but no harder on the sit bones than the specialized jett and I am addicted to the cut outs I cant ride a saddle anymore if it doesnt have a cut out , so now Im am actually trying the selle smp strike plus it suposedly has a little more padding, and I must say that I would prefer some soreness in my sit bones than in my delictae tissue area, I will let you all know how it goes because at presnt I am training for a double century anyone of you ladies ride doubles and if so I would be interested to know what saddle you used thanks

Can't say that I ride in the double century distance (kudos to you!), but I recently switched to the smp strike and love it. Unfortunately, given the width of my sit-bones, I have not choice but to use the lady smp strike. It has too much padding for my liking. Perhaps we could get selle smp to take both our saddles and take a little padding out of mine and put it in yours?

But the lady strike is one of the few saddles that I've found that is actually wide enough for me and the cutout keeps the girlie bits happy. Oddly, I'll put up with the excess padding in the sit bones to keep the tissue area happy.

Hmmmm....do you think there is a business opportunity for a design your own saddle manufacturer? Like the custom frame builders, but instead a custom saddle?

For all looking for a saddle: please remember that TE has a 90-day return policy on Terry saddles (maybe others too, don't know) that includes free return shipping -- this is a bargain!! Three months to ride a saddle and still get to return if not satisfied ... personally, I am very impressed with this guarantee/policy.
    BAT
    Satisfaction lies in the effort not the attainment. Full effort is full victory.
    -- Mahatma Gandhi

And Wallingford Bicycle Parts www.wallbike.com has a 6 month return policy, but they don't pay return shipping.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson