Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Knickers for the long legged

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have a pair of Assoss knickers which fit great with the exception of the length...too short as they come in right below my knee. I like to wear knickers in the place of short/ knee warmers combo. I like the length to be approximately 4 inches below my knee. I think one issue is I wear a Small and it seems manufactuers tend to size length in relation to size. So if you wear a small and have long legs they run short. Anyone have any recommedations? Love Assos chamois style.

I love my SmartWool ones. Light enough for all but the hottest of hot weather, but I don't think they make them anymore. I have some Canari that I like too, but they do suffer a bit from the 'if your legs are as long as this, there's no way you could be as skinny as that' problem.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

You should check out TE's website under knickers/capris. The Ibex El Fito wook knickers has a 20.5 inseam and the Sugoi Midzero RC Pro has a 20-inch inseam. Those are about as long as I've seen in a knicker. A couple of others have a 19-inch inseam--the Pearl Izumi Elite Thermal and the Terry Bella.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I'm long-legged, and the Terry Bellas work well for me.

Avoid Gore...I love them, but they are not long--and I have shortish legs!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2