Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: An Introduction

An Introduction

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey Everyone...just got back into biking after 16 year hiatus and it feels good to be back. Used to road bike back then but I just bought a Trek hybrid so that I can ride the rail trails in my area. I also decided to go clipless this time around and boy am I glad I did. So much more power. Glad to be back amongst the peddlers again.

Rosanna

Welcome. I'm very happy to hear from you. I'm just back in about about 12 years, taking time to heal a bit, looking for a bike and ready to ride again. However, it's winter in Ohio now, and I'm not at all sure I can hack the cold. Enjoy your new bike.

Welcome to TE!

I love Trek Hybrids. I have a "vintage" Trek Multitrack that I still ride on occasion. I can't bear, (or is it bare?) the thought of getting rid of it as it was my first bike as an adult and it reminded me of how much I used to love to ride as a kid.

Look forward to hearing about your riding adventures!

Hi and welcome. I'm another returning after a hiatus (more like 40+ years of hiatus, during which I rode horses a lot) and had never ridden anything but a single-speed, balloon-tired, coaster brake bike...now on a Giant Sedona DXW with more gears than I'll ever use, hand brakes, a bike computer and a rear-view mirror and lovin' it. I ride on very-small-town narrow streets and out on 80 acres of land (grass, dirt, a bit of rock.) It's taken me some months to get in condition to get in condition (that's an intentional repeat) and learn to ride this very different bike, but things are moving faster now. Am lucky in the local winter weather (though frankly if we'd get rain for two weeks, we'd all be much happier...serious drought here.)

Hi, welcome! I also got back into cycling after 20 plus years, though did have two years of commuting by bike 10 years ago. I went from being able to ride only three miles on a cruiser/hybrid, then to a Trek FX, and then to a road bike (er....now two) doing 80 plus miles in one shot. I've obviously gotten in much better shape, have met new friends, and re-engaged with old friends, who also decided to start back up with cycling, in a whole new fun way to hang out. Now, I'm looking into doing my first tour. If you'd told me that a year ago, I wouldn't have believed you. Getting back on a bike has been life changing, in all the good ways, for me. No matter how much or how far you choose to ride, I wish the same fun and enjoyment for you.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Really love this forum. Since I last posted, I have definitely reconnected with cycling in a big way. Spend almost every moment plotting when I will get out for a ride next. Have dreams of long rides in the near future. However, they will have to stay dreams for now, snow has come to my neck of the woods and put a damper on things for now. Will just have to content myself with the trainer...though it's just not the same.

Welcome to TE and welcome back to the wonderful world of cycling! A Trek hybrid was also my first foray back into cycling. 12 years and 4 bikes later, I still have that bike (too much love to part with the heavy old thing!) and have converted it to my around town hauler. Makes trips to the Farmer's Market much more enjoyable.

2001 Trek 7500 FX, converted to a hauler - Serfas
    200? Marin hybrid - Selle San Marco
    2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar
    2011 Trek 6.2 Madone - Ruby

Hello everyone, I am new here.