Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

More on platform pedals and MTB shoes

To disable ads, please log-in.

Originally I had ordered the Forte platform pedals from Performance, but they keep moving the back-order date. It was 12/7 and then they moved it to 12/24, so I ended up calling and canceling that order and found Wellgo MG 1s on Amazon for $41, which included expedited shipping (with regular shipping it was $39.)

I recently got the Teva Links for $64 including shipping and I think they are going to work out well. The sole seems relatively stiff and they seem to have good arch support. The Teva website says to order 2 sizes smaller than you would normally order. In my case I would normally order a women's 9, so I ordered a 7 and that worked out well for me. I will say they are very narrow, which I have a very narrow foot so it worked out for me, but I can see where it wouldn't for others.

I'm hoping the combination will help, especially on climbs. Occasionally when I'm attempting to spin up a hill and I discover I need to get in an even easier gear to make it up the hill I will gear down and my foot pops off the pedal. I'm sure there are other situations where it will be helpful as well, but that's where i lose my footing the most.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Wow that's a great price on the Wellgos! And when you think a Crampon is +$200 for the same weight....
    For climbing, I'm finding that just having a good, strong, even pedal stroke is enough.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Re: More on platform pedals and MTB shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    Wow that's a great price on the Wellgos! And when you think a Crampon is +$200 for the same weight....
    For climbing, I'm finding that just having a good, strong, even pedal stroke is enough.
    That's something I really need to work on. My partner has a great even cadence. I try to emulate get, but she's a bit too fast for me. Something to practice :-) I was really pleased with the price. Looking forward to trying them out.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse