Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Any skiers/boarders here?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Once the snow flies, I ski 2x a week at least if I can work it in. I alpine and tele, mostly. The bike is out, but on the trainer. Our ski season hasn't started yet, so I'm still mountain biking.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Nordic, only. Snow shoeing, too.
    We had so little snow last year, I am beyond crazy waiting for some snow! We have a trip to Vt.planned for the middle of February.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Skier here...Nordic and Alpine. Didn't get to go last year--not enough snow and I live near the Ice Coast as they say (Midwest-but close enough) so conditions when we had snow, were terrible.

DH bought me a set of twin tips 2 years ago but, I love XC skiing as well. We hope to XC ski in Yellowstone NP one day. We have been there backcountry hiking/camping a few times, and fell in love--Yellowstone just gets in your blood. Would love to see it in winter. how cool would it be to be XC skiing among the Bison
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

Telemark and XC, both classic and skate. Over the past few years I've done more XC and less downhill. It's just so expensive these days that I have a hard time justifying it.

We're waiting for snow here, too. I'm scared it's going to be another winter like last year. Eeek!

Any skiers/boarders here?

It's funny but I rarely think about the cost. DH is a volunteer National Ski Patrol at our local hill, so we've been getting family passes for free for years now. Five more years and we get lifetime passes. It's also just a really important way for us to have fun. If we had to buy all out tickets though, that would change how we budget. I live in an region where there are still quite a few resorts with $35 or so tickets though. If Mammoth or Vail were the only option with no volunteer options, yikes, not sure how we'd manage. I get a lot of gear through deals: I picked up a brand new pair of Tele boots for $149 at the swap this year...you can't beat that.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

XC, 2-3 times a week once we have good conditions. If I didn't I'd probably have my citizenship revoked :-P Ski mountaineering in the spring, alpine every now and then to keep my son company on the slopes.

I tried telemark but I suck at it. Problem is I'm surrounded by people who are truly terrific telemarkers and could tele on slush carrying huge backpacks, backwards. But I usually get down the mountainside ok anyway. And fall less :-)
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett