Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Well...

Well...

To disable ads, please log-in.

I ordered my new road bike. Very excited, but it will be a while, which is fine, as I wouldn't ride it in bitter temps, anyway. Wilier doesn't have my frame-size right now in North America. Soon, though! Once the frame gets here, we'll hash out component details and the LBS will build it up. It should be built by the end of March... just in time for spring! Sweet!!

Wilier GranTurismo frame with Campagnolo Chorus 11 and... at the present time, may change depending on final budget...Fulcrum 3 wheels. May think about Campy Shamals if $$ allows. Matte Black.
    The bicycle has done more for the emancipation of women than anything else in the world. ~ Susan B. Anthony

I'm getting a small.

What it is about Campy is probably more what you are used to than anything else. Better - no, not necessarily although that may be the perception. It's not magic. Well, actually, testing so much over the past few months and never being able to test a bike with Campy (factory bikes just don't come to the shop floor with Campy), I do think the shifting is special, almost liquid and I love the ability to sweep either up or down. I really like the thumb shifters on Campy. Personally, I think it's worth the price initially, but it's familiar and that's the draw for me. I probably wouldn't swap out components if you have a quality drivetrain in place.
    The bicycle has done more for the emancipation of women than anything else in the world. ~ Susan B. Anthony

A friend of mine has Campy on one of his bikes. The hoods feel amazing. Congratulations!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I honestly don't know what modern hoods feel like because my bikes with Campy are 10 and 15 year old. Mostly, it's the shifting that feels good. Thank you for the congrats. It feels good to find the next one.

Congrats on choosing a killer bike. It'll be something to look forward to while waiting out the winter.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

Beautiful bike.
    I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammelled womanhood--Susan B. Anthony