Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To disable ads, please log-in.

Me too. When I'm on the treadmill I'm in shorts and tank top and end up soaked in sweat, and I'm amazed at the folks in long pants and long sleeves. Of course I'm also actually running on that treadmill, not strolling...

But today at last I ran outside! It wasn't raining or snowing or blowing (much) and at 28F it wasn't too cold either. Went almost 6 miles, and enjoyed it tremendously. Looks like it'll be my last outdoor run of 2012; there's another cold front on the way. Thinking of donating blood today then not even trying to run for a couple days, the weather's looking so icky.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    It's snowing again today. It "snowed" a little on Christmas day, but that was mostly sleet and ice. I haven't run since Sunday. Been dealing with some high blood pressure and female issues that I'm trying to resolve.
    Hopefully I can get out tomorrow and run some before our big New Years half marathon run on Sunday morning.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Back to the treadmill again. It's not all that cold, but so many folks can't be bothered to clear their sidewalks of the snow and ice. Footing is treacherous out there! Did my standard 4 miles at an 8:30ish pace.

Looking at the log for the year: 1300.4 miles, 8 days 3 hours (on the dot). 1299.4 miles in various VFFs, 1 mile truly barefoot. Only 1 PR, but it was a good one, more than a minute off my previous best in the 10k. Going into 2013, I'm leaning toward doing my first marathon (Columbus, probably), and I really really want a new pr in the 3k. I've raced the 3k 3 times, all of them within 5 seconds. know I can do it faster (weather permitting), and not just by a couple seconds...

That's a lotta miles, skhill. Congrats and good luck with next year's goals.

I did 4.7 treadmill miles on Saturday and another 4.5 miles today. I wished I'd ran outdoors, but parts of my usual route (our local MUT plus the cemetery paths) are still icy. But the gym was really hot today. It was miserable.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher