Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Love the look of those shoes!
    I ran 3 miles yesterday, and I ran almost the whole way. Did some 1:1 walk run intervals for about half a mile at the beginning and half a mile at the end. I felt good, probably because my legs aren't tired from riding!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I ran four miles this morning on the treadmill. I should have run outside, as warm as it is, but my usual route was still full of puddles from overnight rain (we have flooding and drainage issues in my town), so I opted for the treadmill. I saw a lot of runners out though on my way back home. I wish I knew how to hook up with them. Short of just approaching them mid-run, I don't know how to introduce myself. As far as I know, there's no formal running group in town. It would just be nice to have some running companions.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

My legs felt absolutely dead this morning, just dragging through the puddles. Then I turned to start for home, and realized it wasn't dead legs but a headwind. The homeward miles were much easier! 5 miles all told, and I managed to avoid the rain showers. It stopped shortly before I started out, and started again shortly after I got home.

The cool running-related thing of the day: the USATF club cross country championships are in town today. I thought they'd be done by mid-day, but no. Took my dog out to the dog park in the same park where the meet is being held, and got to see a lot of very fast runners slogging through the mud. The race course ran along the dog park fence for a while around the 4 mile marker, just after they'd crossed a creek and come up a steep but short hill. Great fun to watch, and my dog kept running along the fence with the racers!

Four miles this morning in the foggy darkness. I had dew on my eyelashes and Christmas lights on my shoes. Sadly no pictures, maybe next weekend.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I had dew on my eyelashes and Christmas lights on my shoes.
    Neat-o! I'd love to see that.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

I put these through my laces, red on one side, green on the other.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31Fn2HKHzPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	15822

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

What fun!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Neat-o! I'd love to see that.
    Me too!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I put these through my laces, red on one side, green on the other.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31Fn2HKHzPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	15822

Veronica
    What are those and where did you get them??? Love it! I run to work a few times a week in the dark and I would love to have those.

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

Amazon - they're called LED Fingerlights. They have a little elastic that you can attach to various things besides your fingers. I stick them on my shoes and sometimes through my Garmin strap. Thom puts them on his fingers and on his arm strap for his phone. They are really a light for being seen, not for seeing. You get 40 for about 7 dollars. Some of ours were duds. I haven't had one burn out yet, but I doubt they will last a super long time.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Ordered some LED fingerlights- thanks, V!!!

I ran 10 this morning. I was supposed to run 13. I made a million rookie mistakes- like I've never run before in my life. Shaking my head...
    I ran out of water, left the house without any gels or nutrition of any kind, was overdressed when running south and was dripping in sweat, then was freezing and shivering when running north into the frigid wind, etc. etc. Bonked hard about mile 8 and crawled 2 miles back to the car and called it quits. Some days you have it. Some days you don't. This was clearly a don't.
    Although I'm still REALLY glad to be able to run- even when it's not pretty.

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

I don't run too often and my only run in December was this: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/248899678. The weather was super windy and I was scared by a tree falling near me because it was broken by the wind.

It was back to the treadmill this morning. Not because of cold or snow or ice, like it should be in December, but due to rain. Might be snowing in the morning, though. Just 3.5 miles; my left hamstring started out really tight, loosed up over the first mile, then started tightening up again. Blaming it on a rainy Monday morning...

One of the runners in town for the USATF club cross country championships was hit and killed by a firetruck while walking across the street downtown Saturday evening. Sad.

It was back to the treadmill this morning. Not because of cold or snow or ice, like it should be in December, but due to rain. Might be snowing in the morning, though. Just 3.5 miles; my left hamstring started out really tight, loosed up over the first mile, then started tightening up again. Blaming it on a rainy Monday morning...

One of the runners in town for the USATF club cross country championships was hit and killed by a firetruck while walking across the street downtown Saturday evening. Sad.

I had hoped to get in another run this weekend, but my foot was too sore. We did run in our crossfit class on Saturday though (probably why my foot was sore!). We did 800m followed by some strength and then 400m, more strength and then 200m and more strength. This is only noteable for me because I was wearing my new NB Minimus road shoes instead of my cushioned Altras. It was the first running I've done, off treadmill, in a minimal shoe since my injury/surgery. It felt fine when I was doing it, but my foot has been abnormally sore for two days since then. I hope it's just muscle pain (I think it is) but we'll find out tomorrow when I have PT again. I hope that I didn't survive a half marathon only to injure myself doing stupid short run intervals. Ugh!

Oh, and my left big toe is still sore from the half and now it's finally turning blue. Lovely.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom