Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Riding the C&O on Sunday, 12/2

To disable ads, please log-in.

Who is up for a ride on the C&O this Sunday? Any takers?
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

What time, starting where and how far? I've yet to replace my road bike, but I do have my Kona, so the C&O is perfect right now. My lungs are not perfect right now though, so hence the "how far?" question. I wouldn't want to hold anyone back.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I'd say start around 10:30 am from either Brunswick, MD to Harpers Ferry, WV which is 5 mi. each way, and if you'd like to ride around the town of HF, we could carry our bikes up the winding stairs. OR we could ride from a point just north of HF and go to Shepherdstown, WV. The mileage is 7 up and 7 back plus riding into Shepherdstown for a bite to eat. I'd like to take photos along the way, so it won't be a race, just an enjoyable ride along the towpath.
    Dahon Eco C7
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

I would be if I had a bike...

Might hit some shops tomorrow &/or Monday to begin looking. Y'all have fun!
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

I haven't heard back from Possegal with a commitment so it may just be me. I wish I still had my mtn bike for you to ride, it was a tad bit too small for me. Maybe we can meet up for a ride after you get the new bike.
    Dahon Eco C7
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

I'm game! Not too early for me And I was worried you were looking for 40 miles or something, and I don't think I could manage that. I can do 20 though. Or 14. I love Shepherdstown and Harper's Ferry, so either is fine by me.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Would be fun - I'd live to ride the Raleigh on it. But I'm committed to being a course marshal for my running club's 8K at Seneca Creek SP on Sunday. I'm there until about 11 or so. I guess I'll be road riding somewhere in the early afternoon then. Have fun.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Sorry you can't make it this time, Regina. We should make a date for some other time and gather a group.

Possegal, I'll send you a personal message.
    Dahon Eco C7
    Trident TWIG Recumbent