Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Sudden egg intolerance?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Trying to self diagnosis
    Since the end of July I have been having 1 or 2 boiled eggs and a tablespoon of peanut butter for breakfast.
    Last week we went to Portland and I did eat breakfast out a few times and all the sudden my stomach/digestive system does not seem to be processing eggs.
    I feel super full and/or start having stomach/intestinal pain, fear this may be a long term issue as I get older... I remember my mom having egg problems as she got older.

My nautropath moved to Bend so we did a bit of emailing and I have been researching online about protease - the enzymes that helps break down protein but not getting a good take on a supplement, I did read the kiwi is supposed to help. Kiwi's are 65 cents each at the moment - ouch.
    He also said to make sure I buy organic, cage free eggs, which I do.

So I can cut out the eggs but then need another protein source, I hate, hate, hate protein powders, I am allergic to soy as well.
    I don't eat anything fried. I suppose I can try turkey but open to suggestions.
    Anybody else tackled this problem?
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

You might try a Bromelain supplement (or just drink some pineapple juice) to see if that helps.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I will do that, thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    You might try a Bromelain supplement (or just drink some pineapple juice) to see if that helps.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

I've been allergic to eggs my whole life, I still eat them regularly but as I've aged it seems I tolerate them less and less. Since we try to eat a mostly vegetarian diet this is really disappointing.

Don't know if it will help you or not, but I find fully cooked eggs are easier to deal with; hard boiled, scrambled hard...

Electra Townie 7D

I was also going to suggest that cooking them certain ways might be better for you than other methods of preparation. I have problems with cooked tomatoes (sauces and soups) but am fine if they're raw.

Also I'm okay with small quantities, like the tomato sauce on a slice of pizza or two or a small amount with pasta, if I don't eat it too often. But larger quantities or eating any amount several days in a row will cause GI issues. So you might be okay with an egg once a week or so, just not one or two every day.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Yes, I have taken Pax's advice as I had noticed I do better with hard boiled over soft boiled. At the suggestion of my trainer, I bought some Kombucha and am drinking about a 1/2 cup a day - will see if it helps and it tastes wonderful my new cocktail (hee hee)
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com