Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Thanksgiving Day Rides!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Met for a group ride at 8 am. The plan was to do 45 miles, not sure what happened with that; perhaps the cold? It was cold. We did 26.3 miles. Group average of 16 mph, so a nice, easy ride.

I did have an unfortunate accident with my saddle after our short 'banana break.' We'd pulled off on gravel, and my second cleat slipped as I tried to remount. (Still on gravel).

I won't give details, but can we say "OWIE!"

Luckily that particular area is quite resilient.

So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

Did a TrainerRoad ride today. It's a bit cold and windy here, so I'll probably be on the trainer for a while. Glad to hear that you're going to bounce back after your saddle so rudely attacked you!

Just came back from a 19 mile ride. It is like spring here... 51 when I got back. This required a few stops to change/shed layers and head cover/gloves. I tried out my new Northwave Arctic winter shoes, which obviously, I did not need today. My feet were sweating, even with thin wool socks. The Frog cleats work much better with these shoes than my old winter shoes, but I still have a little break in period with the left one; it's OK, though. We rode slowly, up a few hills, really just around west Concord, in areas I don't usually ride in. There was much more traffic than I thought, mostly people coming/going from the traditional HS football games on Thanksgiving morning. Lots of people out walking, running, and a few riders. I also rode 17 miles yesterday, when I got home from work, in the dark.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Just got in from a VERY short ride. I had hoped to get in at least 20 miles but for the second ride in a row chafing/pressure problems called an end to my ride after 7 miles

Regardless it was an awesome 7 miles, the temps were very close to 60, and I had the entire park to myself I saw deer and squirrels, and "girl bit" issues aside I really enjoyed being in the sunshine. It wasn't the ride I had planned - I had planned on heading out to my wind-swept country roads but this time of the year I will take what I can get. I am thankful to have been on my bike at all - most of the Thanksgiving Day weather in the 11 years I've been in Indianapolis have been cold, wet, or icy.

We have a tradition around here that the racing community gets together and does a Turkey day morning ride. The "organizer" collects money to give to NorthWest Harvest (area food bank). It's very informal and a blast to do. It's quite fun to ride with at least 100, probably several hundred folks on a low traffic morning. We really do get to take over the roads and a couple of water bottles full of cash go to a good cause.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I did an easy 18 miles. Lots of riders out. I, like Crankin, had to stop to delayer. It's gorgeous out! I am also celebrating my one year anniversary of having my bc surgery. I have much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Scheduled for a 25miles ride today.... did 30...pretty windy but beautiful sunny day with great temps. Started at noon with another new friend averaged 15mph. I feel kind off beat up but now I can treat myself a little with a big meal...I deserve it !....

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!........

Love Never Fails
    2012 Giant Revel 1 -MTB
    2013 Giant Defy 5 - RB(Commute/Easy Rides) "Trooper"
    2012 Diamondback Response XE MTB (my son's)

13' FUJI SUPREME 1.3C (Selle Italia Diva/Easton EC70 SL) "My Girl"

A quick 28 mile ride for breakfast, then tomorrow plan to do 40 or so, and then a 200k on Saturday.
    2013 Volagi Viaje
    2002 LeMond Tete de Course rebuild/"The Chimaera"
    2012 Scott Contessa Foil with Dura-Ace
    2011? budget "Takara Kabuto" Single Speed/Fixie "The Bumblebee"
    1999 Santana Team Ti 700 tandem/"Silver Streak"

No bike ride, but I did do a 5K charity fundraiser run in the morning. I'm not a runner so it was more of a run/walk for me. Great way to kick off the holiday. Weather was so nice that I looked longingly at my bike when I got home, but still had to prep my part of the Thanksgiving pot luck so no time for a ride. Maybe tomorrow.
    Road bike: Specialized Ruby Comp (2011)
    Commuter: Salsa Vaya (2012)

No ride for me today. I had a headache and seek energy all day. The weather is about to change and apparently I am a human barometer! Tomorrow there are high winds and rain predicted so I will be on the trainer!
    Touring this great country, one State at a time! Michigan Summer 2013.

My dh and I transported our bikes to the capital city and rode 30 miles around Oahe Dam. The sunny 60's was great for biking We enjoyed the gorgeous xmas tree display at the capital. too.

Very, very short ride between dinner (I was hosting 20 at table) and dessert, when I lured a few friends out to walk down to the creek woods and see husband's fence-building project. I rode out to a spot I could leave the bike and then walked back to them and the rest of the way. Some of these people I see less than once a year. However, one of them has a bike she used to ride, and if she gets it fixed (needs new tires) she might bring it over here and ride with me. That would be fun. Today was all day putting up leftovers and finishing the cleanup (and the weather changed) so tomorrow will be a definite bike day.

Tucson is enjoying incredibly mild temperatures. I had my arm warmers off and rode in a jersey and shorts by just a few miles into the ride. My group had a great turnout of over 25 riders. The ride was about 37 miles on a relatively flat route, but I tacked on about 7 extra for a total of 43.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

3 weeks ago I had a road crash and bruised my ribs (jammed my elbow into my ribs) and at this point I can almost take a full breath. But last Friday, after almost 3 weeks off the bike recovering, I decided to do a mild MTB ride. The weather was perfect, and I had been off work since the previous Friday, recovering using vacation time and holiday time. So I got to the trailhead, threw my left leg over the bike, and lost my balance for a moment on the off camber trail and leaned to the right. Well, my right foot rotated out to the right (put all my weight on the outside edge of the foot) and I sprained my ankle. I saw stars. First ride in almost 3 weeks, and it almost ended at the trailhead. I decided to ride it out, and I did a easy paced 8 miles and my ribs really didn't bother me. Ankle felt ok too. But by that evening, it was swollen, the left side where that bump is, was (and still is) about twice as big as it is on the left foot. So I spent Saturday and Sunday taking it easy (was going to do a road ride) and icing my ankle. Sheesh.
    Tzvia- rollin' slow...
    Specialized Ruby Expert/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Specialized SWorks Safire/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Giant Anthem-W XT-XTR/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Fuji Newest 3 commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Novara E.T.A commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL

Thanksgiving holiday rides:
    Thursday: aforementioned 26 mile group ride.
    Friday: First ride on new mountain bike.
    Saturday. Hybrid. 2 dogs trotting next to bike. One in basket on back. (Coasting pace, obviously).
    Sunday: 50 mile group ride.
    Monday: Nada. Holiday is over.
    Tomorrow: should be group ride at lunch time if I'm not too lazy.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!