Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

bike got swiped (I think)

So I swung into my very own driveway and leaned the 7500FX against the rail... went in to pee and grab lunch... came out and it was gone. So if you're in my neighborhood and you see my well-worn bike... I've done the police report thing, and I oughter see if homeowner's will pay... and I'm grateful that it's not a life wrenching thing for me. (The day before, I got the news that Grover Everett that was on our Grand Illinois Trails and Parks ride every year I'd been there had gotten run over by a 22 year old Willem Cohen who "drifted onto the shoulder" -- can we say TEXTING???? -- and killed him... so the "looking for something that's just not there" when it's a bike pales in comparison ... of course he'll be charged with "improper use of lane" and that's all)
    I'm thinking that unfortunately our campaigns against texting while driving have had one result: now people know better than to admit that's what they were doing. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trek_17_5_7500_fx_bike_500_hartland_26542951.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	15772 That's what my missing bike looks like, with a hole in the seat on the right side the size of a quarter...

Sorry for the loss of your friend

Your house insurance should pay for the bike...what a sad moment that must have been when you walked outside.

Horrible to hear about either incident. My condolences.
    The bicycle has done more for the emancipation of women than anything else in the world. ~ Susan B. Anthony

I'll keep my eyes open.

Electra Townie 7D

Oh, that is sad.

All I can do is send hopeful thoughts your way, hopefully your bike will be found.

Sorry for the loss of your friend, and the loss of your bike.

My husband was texting the other day, and I couldn't believe it. Besides being a danger to everyone else, he had me and our two kids in the car. He doesn't believe he's distracted, but I watched him looking down while we were on the interstate. Since my nagging hasn't worked, he's getting a new phone with hands free capabilities for Christmas :-)

I hope your bike comes home soon.
    Last edited by Aromig; 11-20-2012 at 05:52 AM.