Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Clap pushups anyone?
    I got excited a while ago when I squeezed one out. I tried it again two weeks ago when we had 4 x10 pushups as part of a larger matrix. In each of those sets of 10, I did 5 clap pushups! That was really exciting for me.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

I do clap push ups, sometimes off the floor, sometimes off the bench.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    Clap pushups anyone?
    I got excited a while ago when I squeezed one out. I tried it again two weeks ago when we had 4 x10 pushups as part of a larger matrix. In each of those sets of 10, I did 5 clap pushups! That was really exciting for me.
    Fantastic, Irulan!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Fun of a different kind!

Sounds like you had fun Irulan! Right now I am not allowed to do either pushups or OH presses but I have done these in the past from an inclined push up position. One of these days I would like to do it from the ground

6 Point Core Touch Video

I had remembered the name of the exercise incorrectly. This is much better than a video of ME, this is a video at my gym and the one talking is Tony, my group trainer Chip makes this look very easy - it is fun but not easy. I am still trying to get my feet up by my hands but we all need a goal

Oh! Too tired to try those tonight, maybe tomorrow if I can do them without torquing my shoulders too much. But I watched it twice and can't figure how he gets 6 ... looks like 8 every way I count it ...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Oh! Too tired to try those tonight, maybe tomorrow if I can do them without torquing my shoulders too much. But I watched it twice and can't figure how he gets 6 ... looks like 8 every way I count it ...
    have fun!

That looks fun (and hard), Catrin, but I don't know that it's the move not the move Sky King described. I could be totally wrong, but I thought what she described a plank, knee to nose, side plank with the lower leg (the same leg that you held to your nose) held perpindicular to the body, back to plank. We do them in yoga a lot, but I'm not sure it goes by a given name.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Fun of a different kind!

We do variations of that: same leg touch is Spider-Man, opposite leg is a scorpion variation.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

I had a really good boot camp class Monday. We didn't do anything special, but all of the intervals were very traditional things, like jump ups, jacks, and running on the step. I like things plain and simple!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    We do variations of that: same leg touch is Spider-Man, opposite leg is a scorpion variation.
    Yes, I really like the Spider Man crawl, it really opens my hips & feels great!

I just got home from a step class. I went today because it looks like the "storm" is coming this way and I won't be going anywhere tomorrow, especially at 5:30 AM. So, I've been to this class before; it's led by the fitness director. The step routine is simple (keeping to my previous post), but fun and there is a "sculpt" part to the class, so there is some weight work, and today there were intervals of jacks and jump ups on the bench, as well as some good ab work. I get there really early (like 25 minutes), so I can put my step near the fan and the door to the outside that she opens, as this class is so crowded it gets really hot. The first time I went, I almost passed out! After I did that, I warmed up on the treadmill for 10 minutes.
    People were just pushing their steps in toward mine, but I held my ground and the woman who plunked hers down really close to mine in front got what she deserved when during one of the routines, I hit her with my hand a couple of times when my arm was extended (not on purpose, of course, but it made her move).
    I am pleasantly exhausted and this was a good sub for boot camp.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Sounds a lot like what we did last night in my Total Fit class. It was mostly a step class with some body bar resistance work and kickbocking thrown in. The previous night it was Bosu and hand weights, and I struggled a bit. I had a migraine earlier in the day and I think either the headache itself or the medicine I took for it (Relpax) left me a little zapped.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Glad to hear that everyone is having a good time with your classes!! It definitely gives us all something to think about over the colder/dark months

I've been teaching a suspension straps class, and two different Boot Camp classes this winter. The first Boot Camp has students that are from 54-66, and truthfully I've had TONS of fun! It's been great to see all of them inprove so much, especially in strength. At times, they thought I was crazy, but the smiles on their faces when they accomplish something is incredible. LAst night and tomorrow we are doing a MARCH MADNESS challenge, so a couple of movements and doing long supersets. The first Boot Camp folks last night asked what else they could do after they completed the challenge. Although their upper bodies were tired.. they wanted to add something else. I guess it doesn't hurt that they are involved with a department challenge, and they are leading right now.

ohh, I can feel this one just watching the video. thanks Catrin
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com