Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Odd bike sighting

To disable ads, please log-in.

I wish I had been able to get a picture of this bike, but I saw it on my way to work this morning from the gym. At first I thought it was a small chopper motorcycle, but then I realized it was on the sidewalk. THEN I realized it didn't have a motor on it - it was truly a bicycle. High monkey bars, wider tires (especially in the back), a very unusual bike though the rider didn't look especially comfortable on it. The fork was extended forward at the same angle that you would see on a chopper. Then the light turned green and I had to move

I hope my description was clear enough, has anyone seen anything like this? I assume it was a custom job, but perhaps I am wrong. It is also possible the rider's body was hiding a battery assist, although I was looking pretty carefully for that. Very interesting!

If you were in WV, I would say that I know the guy who owns that. His is a custom job that he pulls out for charity rides. It looks so uncomfortable.
    I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammelled womanhood--Susan B. Anthony

Just google chopper bicycles. There's a whole world out there of folks who like numb butts and hands.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.