Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anyone Own a Hot Chocolate Machine?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just curious if anyone owns one. Mr Coffee makes a nice one that is not expensive.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

Nope, just a double boiler on the stove.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

I think there is a reason why good hot chocolate should be such a PITA to make.

But seriously ... I don't, but the main thing I'd be concerned about is cleaning, same as espresso machines with milk frothers, and soy milk machines. Heat-congealed proteins are VERY hard to clean off. To me a hot chocolate machine sounds like a labor DISPLACING machine, not a labor SAVING machine - like a Roomba - the time you'd spend doing the task the machine does, instead you spend cleaning the machine afterward.

Read reviews carefully, and take the machine apart in the store to get an idea of it for yourself.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 11-12-2012 at 05:40 AM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Never heard of such a thing...sounds like just another way to over-complicate something that doesn't need to be, and make people spend money they don't need to spend. Not to mention taking up extra space in the kitchen...

sorry, am in a b**chy mood today after a night of very little sleep and a week of not enough time outside!
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830