Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well I suppose you can now sell your hand drawn map on one of the Rivendell fan websites to cover the cost of having your rack installed. We have had Grant out to Idaho a few times, he is a character for sure. the bike hermit was astounded though as he puts racks and fenders on, for no cost, for our customers.

Never the less, Can't wait to see the bike. Nitto racks are worth every penny, love mine. I have a Nitto M18 on the front and a 26 " Campee on the back.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

I got her all set up finally! I think it will all be worth it! On the back is my 4 year old. My older one is in school and my little guy goes everywhere with me. He's a great companion. My other companion is an 8 year old American Eskimo Dog - Dayton Dogg, as he's known around these parts! Nobody worry, we are abiding by the weight restrictions on the rack
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Betty Foy.jpeg 
Views:	196 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	15818
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Betty Foy2.jpeg 
Views:	189 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	15819
    Wherever I go, there I am!

2012 Rivendell Betty Foy

Very, very nice. Congrats. It's a wonderful to figure out what you want, and get it!

Beautiful bike! Congrats!

Congratulations! I wish I had been a little more patient when I decided this fall to get a new bike. I rode several (all aluminum) and I listened to people here who suggested I try steel. There weren't any in my size in the local shops, and, as I said, I got impatient and wanted a new bike. NOW I bought a nice one, but with winter approaching I haven't had a chance to take it out much, and of course I'm telling myself I should have waited. So I'm already shopping (researching?) for n+1. Enjoy your new ride in Sunny CA!

Gorgeous bike and nice pic of you and family!
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

Thanks, all! I finally got all the kinks worked out (saddle position, a fender issue, friction shifter that was loose) and I think it is perfect. I rode her with DH and my two DSs to church this morning. We put in almost 7 miles, and the feel of the road is just so plush. I love being more upright so I can look around at the leaves changing colors (yes, CA is just getting around to that now). I don't have the neck pain I used to have. I can actually bring STUFF with me in my new basket on my front rack. I do feel a bit slower, and the weight of the rack in front is an adjustment, but that gets better with each ride. Im working different muscles than I did on my Trek, which took me by surprise. Nice to not worry over skinny tires and terrain anymore. I took some gravel and felt totally secure. So much versatility, and I love it for that. I can't believe how quickly my preferences for bikes changed in just a few months. I went from a flat-bar road bike, to thinking I needed a carbon road bike, to choosing basically a bike that is the antithesis or either of those. But I know I've arrived at the right bike, finally. Practical+quality+beauty+can pull my kid and haul my dog = perfect for me.

2012 Rivendell Betty Foy

What bike do you wish you had waited for? Hope you get it!

2012 Rivendell Betty Foy

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyGirl View Post
    What bike do you wish you had waited for? Hope you get it!
    Was this directed at me? I just think I should have waited and really evaluated my needs. Like you, I don't really need the speed (my current flat bar road bike is fine). I just ended up with another road bike. It was almost an impulse purchase. And then, after I took her home, I realized there were some features that I preferred on a different bike. I get torn between having that one all-around bike, or a small collection of unique bikes.

But this isn't about me, it's about YOU and your beautiful new bike, and that sunny CA fall foliage weather! Enjoy!

Yes, it was for you, sorry I messed up the format... I know just how you feel; went through exact same. When you go from a junky bike to a much nicer bike like the flat bar road bike, you think it's perfect because it is such an improvement. Then you start realizing there is so much more to be considered, and the next thing you know you spend big $ on a Rivendell and your husband is scratching his head wondering what exactly was wrong with the other 'new' bike!

I wanted the all-around bike in the end. I tend to show favoritism to things, so I know one would always get chosen over the other and the other would grow rust. My Trek is now listed on Craigslist since the Rivendell is the new favorite.

2012 Rivendell Betty Foy

Your new Betty Foy is gorgeous! Now you get to update your signature so you can be proud of her. It is fantastic to find just the right bike.
    200x Electra Townie 24D/Brooks B67

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry1976 View Post
    Your new Betty Foy is gorgeous! Now you get to update your signature so you can be proud of her. It is fantastic to find just the right bike.
    You know, I've been trying so hard! There doesn't seem to be an option for me to do it. I can edit pretty much everything else. Who knows the answer?

2012 Rivendell Betty Foy