Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by itself View Post
    I wish TE would work with Mavic to do their next pair of custom colored mtn bike shoes
    This would be great! Perhaps TE will take this under consideration. I really like their shoes and they are more affordable than Sidi for the most part.

According to Beck's post, Mavic makes a winter shoe, I didn't know that. This link shows a Mavic winter mtb shoe, I don't know anything about them however. They give both men's and women's sizes for this shoe, and it goes pretty small.
    Last edited by Catrin; 11-03-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Catrin, the link just says "men's winter mountain bike shoes."
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Catrin, the link just says "men's winter mountain bike shoes."
    Perhaps the sizing chart is simply the stock sizing chart they always post, I don't know. If the men's sizes go small enough they might work.

3 pairs SPD and a 5.10. When I don't ride, I wear the 5.10 or my running shoes.

How Many Pairs of Bike Shoes Do You Own? Let's not talk about that.

What is Your Next Pair? Sidi Diablo if Sidi could figure out that people with small feet also ride in cold weather.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I just ordered a pair of the Louis Garneau 0º Ergo Grip shoes from Performance. I've been eyeballing them for a while and the price was SO right! These things retail at most places for $200. Performance usually sells them for $180, but have them on sale/clearance for $160 minus an extra 20%. They have them in a 41, which should work for me. My 2 other pair of LGs are 40s, but all reviews suggest the need to size up a full size for these. So $128 before shipping.

Reviews are mixed on them...some people find them to be warm down to really low temps, other people find them to not be warm much below freezing. I should hopefully have room for toe warmers between the inner shoe and neoprene shell, as well as heavier merino socks. Plus I am a wuss and likely won't do much riding if it's really cold -- that's the ideal time to lace up the running shoes.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

DH just found me a pair of Northwave winter mtb shoes that I can wear with my Frogs. They are in the UK; same as where I found my winter road shoes. The smallest size is 37, which is what I wear, but it said they run big. I'll take them and wear my thickest socks if I need to.
    I rode my Kuota the other day and wore my winter shoes; it's so much easier to just put them on and go instead of dealing with toe warmers, booties, and chemical heaters (I've done all 3 together for temps in the low 30s).
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I've got my one pair of Specialized Tahoes. Once I manage to get my hands on some road pedals, and after a trip to Cincinnati to try them on, I'll be buying a pair of Sidi road shoes. Winter shoes are still a problem, though.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I got my Northwave Artics today. Will check them out tomorrow night when I ride at 4 PM.
    Frog cleats are already installed.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura