Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Many Pairs of Bike Shoes Do You Own and What is Your Next Pair?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I only have two, and alas, have been really craving getting another pair. I really love the reviews on the Mavic Women's Scorpio, but a white mountain bike shoe, really?

This is the pair I crave, but only in men's of course:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	15624
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

I really want Winter shoes. I HATE booties/shoe covers. They just make my feet clammy and are a PITA to get on and off. I would love some Winter shoe recommendations (SPD mtn cleats).
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I have two pairs- shimano shoes with MTB clips which I got when I first started riding. I wear these with wool socks as my "winter" shoes when it is rainy and cold if it ever is that in a combination that I might be riding in. Keep in mind that I ride outside of Houston so oue winter is pretty non winter most of the time.

My main pair are keene sandalswith mtb clips which I wear with wool socks if it is cold or cool and with regular socks the rest of the time.

I have rain coversetc. but I have rarely used them, the shimanos keep my feet basically dry and the wool socks insulate my feet sufficiently for this area.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

I would give anything to live somewhere without a real Winter, right now. I am already sick of temps in the 40s and it's gonna get a LOT colder before Spring!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    I really want Winter shoes. I HATE booties/shoe covers. They just make my feet clammy and are a PITA to get on and off. I would love some Winter shoe recommendations (SPD mtn cleats).
    My winter shoes are Lake sandals, 1/2 sized too big with as many socks/liners/types of socks I need. Including, sometimes, water-resistant light outer socks - wish I remembered where I got them. This system also works well with chemical heaters - keeps them loose at whatever layer of socks you want with lots of air exchange.
    My photoblog
    http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.com/
    Bacchetta Giro (recumbent commuter)
    Bacchetta Corsa (recumbent "fast" bike)
    Greespeed X3 (recumbent "just for fun" trike)
    Strada Velomobile
    I will never buy another bike!

I have 2 pairs of regular shoes, mountain and road. I have 2 pairs of winter shoes, mountain and road, but the mountain ones do not work with my Frogs, and I no longer wear them. I am finding it hard to find a mountain version of my road winter shoes in my size (6). But, I don't mind the booties and an occasional chemical toe warmer. I also have a pair of Keen cycling sandals, but they also don't work with the Frogs. I used them when I had spds.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Dirt Rag raved about the Mavic winter shoes in the latest issue. I use Sidi Diablos myself. Since they're not has heavily insulated as some, I can wear them in rainy conditions and moderate temps. For cold weather, I have room for heavier socks, toe warmers, or both.

Gals,

The Mavic shoes have been getting great reviews for Bikeradar as well. And Crankin, the frogs do work with the Scorpios. My frogs don't work too well with my Shimano sandals either. The Scorpios for 2013 are black and white, thank goodness a break from the white and silver.

Views:	146 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	15625
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

I wear Frogs with my Scorpios as well, they work fine. I wish the 2013 version were something other than white though - SO tired of white bike shoes - and I remain perplexed why mtb shoes would be white anyway.

4. I have my old Sidis up at my summer house. My newer Sidis and my Keen Sandals are here at home. I also have Sidi winter shoes which I'll break out as soon as the temps are below 40. I have Frogs on all of them, never a problem. I still need another pr of Keen sandals to take to the other house.

I wish TE would work with Mavic to do their next pair of custom colored mtn bike shoes.

Looks like PI has some new offerings:

Views:	156 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	15626
    Last edited by itself; 11-03-2012 at 06:34 AM.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I have 2 prs. in 1 city and another 2 prs. in another city. In each city, 1 pr. is an older pr. that I wear when it looks rainy/about to rain while 2nd pr. is not as old and not worn down.

It works for me. So I guess I have 4 prs. which means I buy a pr. of shoes every few years.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

I forgot to answer the original question. I have road shoes and mtn. shoes. 1 pair of each. They are essentially the same shoe (LG T-Flex 300 and CFS-300).
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Are the Scorpios winter shoes?
    I need winter shoes/boots that are women specific size 6, that will work with Frogs. The PI Gore Alp-X that I bought 2 years ago had to be cut out around the cleat area to fit the Frogs and my left foot is constantly flying out of the pedal, especially on climbs. I can't deal with that.
    My regular road and mountain shoes are Shimano and are fine. I wore Sidis for years until I figured out the toe box is just too small. I have a narrow heel, but a lot of my foot roblems are gone now, or at least minimized with the Shimano shoes.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Are the Scorpios winter shoes?
    I need winter shoes/boots that are women specific size 6, that will work with Frogs. The PI Gore Alp-X that I bought 2 years ago had to be cut out around the cleat area to fit the Frogs and my left foot is constantly flying out of the pedal, especially on climbs. I can't deal with that.
    My regular road and mountain shoes are Shimano and are fine. I wore Sidis for years until I figured out the toe box is just too small. I have a narrow heel, but a lot of my foot roblems are gone now, or at least minimized with the Shimano shoes.
    Sadly they are not. However, they work fine for me in the winter with the combination of toe covers/PI Barrier shoe covers and chemical warmers. I don't really road ride below freezing however due to my cold-air asthma trigger and I seem to remember that you do. Winter shoes seem to be getting more difficult to find, at least last year there seemed to be fewer options available in the market.