Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

November 2 Weekend Rides

To disable ads, please log-in.

Whoooohooooo I FINALLY got to ride after 2 weeks

Ok, so it was only 18 miles, but it didn't seem wise to push it after some heavy leg presses yesterday although my legs feel fine. So does my knee - though it did twinge just a bit when I stood in the saddle going over a very rough patch of pavement.

It was a beautiful ride, sunshine filled afternoon. I did happen to have on my PI Amfib tights and Barrier shoe-covers, along with several wool layers. It wasn't too much however, it was only in the last .5 mile home that I started to feel a bit over-dressed. Hopefully I can ride tomorrow, but they are calling for showers so I wanted to make certain I rode today just in case. There were several parts of my route that had a pretty stiff headwind, but it is that time of the year!
    Last edited by Catrin; 11-02-2012 at 11:53 AM.

And I finally got to ride with Hirakukibou, after a couple of weeks of trying to plan a ride. It was great, even though it's cloudy, breezy and there were sprinkles along the way. We just did our usual shorter route through Great Brook Farm, and caught up on 3.5 months of missed talking and riding! It's about 22 miles for me. Unfortunately, when I got back I noticed that somehow, all my yearly mileage on my Kuota had been erased. I was checking it, because even though I rode my other bike today, I thought today or even maybe my last ride was the day i finally got to 2,500 miles. Thankfully, I had written down some figures on the back of a notepad, so I added in last Saturday's ride and the Sunday before, and I am giving myself 2,500, based on that! I know I won't get to 3K, but 2,500 was my minimum.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Heading out to Eagle Creek Park in about 5 minutes...hoping to do at least 15 miles....

Love Never Fails
    2012 Giant Revel 1 -MTB
    2013 Giant Defy 5 - RB(Commute/Easy Rides) "Trooper"
    2012 Diamondback Response XE MTB (my son's)

13' FUJI SUPREME 1.3C (Selle Italia Diva/Easton EC70 SL) "My Girl"

Quote Originally Posted by Giulianna23 View Post
    Heading out to Eagle Creek Park in about 5 minutes...hoping to do at least 15 miles....
    Have fun I started there, but left the park and hit some roads north and east of there, then finished up coming back through the park. It is easier to do that at 1:00 pm than later on a Friday afternoon!

Congratulations Crankin on meeting your goal!
    Last edited by Catrin; 11-02-2012 at 12:33 PM.

I got out this morning at 6AM for a 15-mile ride to try out a new saddle, a Gilles Berthoud Marie Blanque. I loved my Brooks B17, but I kept riding in the rain or in a perpetual Florida dripping sweat, and never managed to get it covered it time, and was getting the hammock effect, even after tensioning it. I've been though a few agonizing or just bearable saddles since and thought I'd give this one a shot. I love it. I was a bit nervous as the leather is much thicker than the Brooks, but within a miles, I'd already forgotten about the saddle. I'm really looking forward to riding this weekend. It was a stunningly beautiful day today, and it's been really crappy with rain and/or heavy winds near every weekend lately. I think I'm going back to my Brooks for a few weeks though, as I have a 165-mile charity ride in two weeks, and however much I like this saddle, I don't think I'm quite ready to risk breaking it in that way.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

I should be able to get a ride in tomorrow, as I'm off work and not doing overly-taxing experiments this weekend (they're all prep work followed by 6 hours of waiting). Nothing too long, maybe 25 miles.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I am so happy that I got to ride today as I've been off the bike since the beginning of September after a hysterectomy. Only made it 12 miles, but it was the first ride back and the weather was gorgeous!!

Glad you are well enough to ride again, girlontheroad! Any ride is better than no ride at all.

It was the most gorgeous day! Did 80 miles with a group of fun people. The crazy thing is that I fell asleep last night without meaning to and woke up late this morning, and forgot I had a brand new saddle on as a scrambled out the door to meet everyone. Also forgot the chamois cream. Fortunately, it worked out great. I think I have a winner.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

That's awesome, Murielalex! The right saddle makes all the difference.

I was hoping to ride today, but it's spitting hail and some wintery mix, so I decided to just do an hour on the trainer instead. I was able to get about 43 miles in yesterday and the day before in some nice weather, although Thursday was windy. Like Crankin, I was focused on a goal and know that our days are numbered for 2012. I got a late start in the year because I just started back to cycling over the summer and the spring was gone before I got back to riding. I was looking at my log and it says that I started back to riding on June 22 (I had thought it was earlier, but not what I had written down). I will pass the 3,000 mile mark this week if the weather holds (need 12 miles according to my computer). So, as far as I'm concerned, I've met the goal I set for this year, but will take any day outside that I can get. Hopefully that will be tomorrow.
    The bicycle has done more for the emancipation of women than anything else in the world. ~ Susan B. Anthony

We did 16.5 today and at a fairly good pace. I am impressed. My partner just passed the 2 month mark after total knee replacement. She's going great!
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

Quote Originally Posted by gocard View Post
    Glad you are well enough to ride again, girlontheroad! Any ride is better than no ride at all.
    Thanks gocard. Yes, and after being off the bike for about 8 weeks my ride yesterday and today were even more savored than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Just a short ride today. Kept cadence above 75, mostly above 90. But, next time, I should remember that, though I don't need to be completely color coordinated, Superman colors with School Bus Yellow, a touch of hot pink (gloves), and periwinkle blue arm warmers isn't the best plan.

At least my shoes were neutral.

Attachment 15627
    At least there was no chance of someone not seeing you
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

We had a big heavy wet snow storm on Thursday and now the roads are packed with ice. I guess my Sunday ride will be indoors on the trainer.
    Queen of the sea beasts

Just a short 16.5 mile ride in between my final studying and errands. It's really nice out, but I was suffering the whole way; back, hands, and one knee at the end. This is what happens when you have been sitting down for days on end and not doing the exercises the PT gave you.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport