Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks everyone! I'm just as amazed and in awe of you ladies who run fast, or go long distances with ease or run in beautiful mountainous areas. I think we're all pretty darn amazing if you ask me.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Wow, trigirl! My long-term goal is to be in a place where I would feel like I could run a half on the spur of the moment, or on back to back weeks. Hard to imagine the kind of mileage you're doing!

This morning was a nice 7 miles. My mileage has been so low of late that I logged it as a long run. Brought a dollar along so I could stop at the new donut store on my way home. That dollar bill was sweaty and nasty! Enjoyed the donut, then had a burst of speed for that last .75 mile...

Haha that donut stop sounds fantastic!

I did a little over an hour on the trails on Thursday - SO fun. Except for the (half-frozen) rattlesnake. And I was stuck behind a couple lolly-gagging mountain bikers on the uphill section - no energy to sprint past and too slow to pass in the space allowed, so I decided to do hill sprints. Wait for them to get about 30 seconds ahead, run until I caught up, repeat. Worked out pretty well.

Eight on the roads this morning with an older running partner, so slowed to about 11 minute miles. I haven't kept the mileage I should need to do the potential 50k next month, but if I slow down to that speed I think I could probably do it anyway. Still haven't decided.

Tri, I still haven't caught up with your blog, but congrats! I'd never have the willpower for that.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Completed my half marathon this AM. It was overcast and cool, kept it in the 60's so that was good. I tried to start out slow and keep a comfortable pace, which I did most of it. I did fade on the latter 3rd and took walk breaks. Overall I did "ok" and it was about my "average" time for a HM, 2h 24m. Not a great time but not a bad time for me, I'll take it.

Next focus: weight loss, steady running and some speed work!

K
    katluvr

Quote Originally Posted by katluvr View Post
    Completed my half marathon this AM. It was overcast and cool, kept it in the 60's so that was good. I tried to start out slow and keep a comfortable pace, which I did most of it. I did fade on the latter 3rd and took walk breaks. Overall I did "ok" and it was about my "average" time for a HM, 2h 24m. Not a great time but not a bad time for me, I'll take it.
    YAY!!!!! Congrats on your half!!!! I think your time is great! Sounds like you had great weather for it, too!! Most importantly, tho, is that you were out there doing it while the rest of us were sitting on the couch and watching bad tv (or was that just me).
    So proud of you!!! Keep it going, K!

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

A little 4 mile Turkey run on the trails with friends. This will be my first Thanksgiving as a vegan, and the only thing I'll miss are my in-laws famous noodles (they are not vegan).
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poster-51-1024x754.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	15782

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

^^^This kept me grinning through my run this morning. Happy turkey day to you, too!
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

I did 4.6 miles today at the Drumstick Dash with friends. It was a great day for it, and I had a lot of fun! Happy Thanksgiving, all!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I did a 5K Turkey Trot, first race since my body fell apart this summer. I wore my Garmin to record the race but didn't set any alarms, didn't display pace, didn't try to really go at race pace, and only glanced at the elapsed time a couple of times. I wound up running steady splits, below my best half marathon pace, with a nice finishing kick. Wheezed a lot, but had to expect that with the lack of speedwork the last few months.

Good day. I'm grateful. Happy Thanksgiving, all!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Didn't get to do Thursday's turkey trot 5k-- they actually sold out, for the first time. Could have done the mile fun run, but decided it wasn't worth the drive out to the site. I kinda wish I had done it; I'm curious how fast I could race a mile if that's as far as I was going. But instead, I just did a typical 5 miles in the neighborhood.

Today I set out for a burn-off-the-pie run, but the weather was crappy with a cold front moving in, and I felt weighed down by all that pie. I ran all of 2 miles before giving up. But my dog and I did do some doggy intervals chasing squirrels while on her early morning walk...

Yesterday: 5K Turkey Trot. Weather was cool and I felt good. Never can really race as the it is HUGE and thick crowd. I was amazed how quickly it was over, must be the fact I had just finished my 1/2 marathon less than a week before!
    Today: about 3 miles at my parents. Another cool morning. Not very speedy, but I do enjoy the few hills they have in the neighborhood.

K
    katluvr

Hey...look at me...posting to the running thread again!!

After my lisfranc joint repair last March, I was finally cleared to run last week. My first chance to get out was yesterday. We went for a long walk with one of our dogs, and I took the opportunity to do some run intervals to test out my foot. 2 miles into the walk, I ran 0.1 miles, walked some and then did another 0.1/walk/0.2/walk/0.2/walk/0.3/walk and then 0.1 to finish out one mile. I was pretty terrified during the first 0.1 that my foot would crumble...but it didn't. The rest of the intervals went well and today, my foot feels fine! All told, we covered 5.5 miles.

Run #2 will be tomorrow. Yay!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

That's great, GLC! I'm excited for you!!

I ran 4 miles this morning and felt great! I'm happy to be past what for me had been a hump at 3 miles. That was typically the point at which either or both of my hamstrings started to complain and I felt oddly fatigued. I have come to realize that if I work past the fatigue, it gets better. As for my hamstrings, I'm using my roller and trigger point ball more religiously and it's helping. I'd really like to run a 10k either late winter or early spring (not that I have identified
    one). That seems like a doable goal.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Congrats GLC!!

( ... looks around, realizes she's in the running thread, gasps in terror, makes hasty retreat ... )

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Wooohoo GLC! What a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving!

I'm blowing mine off today. It's snowing, Ohio State vs. Michigan is on, and there won't be enough daylight left after the game's over. Ah well.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler