Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Posting late....ran 7 miles yesterday. Mid to upper 60's so you would think my pace would pick up...but it's just not there. Heavy feeling legs. After my upcoming HM I plan to cut the miles and work on speed. My next goal is a 5 & 10K combo, really want to PR one of those races. Or at least com close. Then end of Jan. an trail HM...hopefully!

K
    katluvr

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Decided to run a marathon this weekend down in Ft. Worth, TX. If I do 2 marathons within 16 days I qualify to become a Marathon Maniac. And I want to be one. Why? I have no idea, except that it's a group of crazy people as crazy as me.
    The furthest I've run since my 50 mile race two weeks ago has been 6 miles. I have no idea how I will do this weekend. I don't know how my legs will fare after 10 miles or more. I know I've been REALLY tired since the race, tho, so I know it will be more of a struggle than any solo marathon I've done before. I figure I have 7 hours until the course closes, so surely I can pull it together in that time frame. But of course, I'm getting some stupid chest cold, so let's just pray it holds off until tomorrow afternoon.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Good luck TriGirl! A good friend of mine is a 10-star Maniac. It seems like a fun group of people for sure! Don't push too hard with the bronchitis though - there will be other marathons.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

HOLY CRAP! A 10 star Maniac??? WOW!!!
    Um... yeah, I'm looking at one star. Maybe two or three some day. But never more than that! Impressive!

I won't push it too much. I don't want to have to get another round of antibiotics because I just had to be on them 2 weeks ago for strep. I don't know why my body is getting so sick lately (well, I do know- the kids at school have been VERY sick lately but you'd think 15 years of teaching would have given me some kind of immunity...although with my asthma as bad as it is, I tend to catch everything that comes by).

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

Went with the orange bra for the race, and I think I've found my new lucky bra! Was hoping for a time under 25 minutes, ended up at 25:10. Still, that's my fastest 5k of 2012 and on a hillier course than most of our local 5ks. And it's stupid to get caught up on a measley 10 seconds when you win your age group. 10th overall among women, but if you toss out the very young girls who appear to not have hit puberty (they are definitely not women!!!) I was 6th. It was (obviously) a small and somewhat slow field.

Hope most of y'all have as beautiful a fall day as we're enjoying!

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    And it's stupid to get caught up on a measley 10 seconds when you win your age group.
    WOOT!!! Congrats!!! (and yeah, pre-pubescent girls don't count!)

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

Skill, great time! My goal is just to get and stay under 30 mins for a 5K.

Tri Girl.....how was the marathon? I don't' even want to run today. I'm off but don't want to run. I just feel like every day I get up I HAVE to do something (work, meeting, run, stuff!). Hopefully I can myself out the door this evening and go an evening run.

K
    katluvr

Congratulations, skhill!

I had a very weird week. I registered for two trail half marathons, ran two days in a row without yellow here to push me into it, and joined the US Snowshoe Assoc for no real rational reason other than Group Stupid. The Nats are here this year and I'm running with a group that is going to carpool to some of the qualifiers so what the heck. As long as I can get hashbrowns after a race, I'm good -- plus I'm not on the couch.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Had a good week so far. Ran 8 trail on Sunday, rode 28 Monday, ran 4 yesterday and 5 today. Plan on 3 tomorrow (hill repeats) then rest fri., sat., trail race Sunday.
    I can do five more miles.

It's been a bit cold the last few days. Tuesday I got in about 5 miles in 28F weather, today another 5 in 26F. Brr. Wednesday, I couldn't face the cold and so spent the time cuddling the cats and having some extra coffee instead. Had good intentions of running in the late afternoon, but stuff piled up and it didn't happen, as usual...

For once I'm planning on staying in town on Thanksgiving Day, so I might do the turkey 5k that morning. Would have to get all the pie baking done the night before, tho...

The marathon on Sunday was... well, it was kinda brutal. I'm still not even close to being recovered from the 50 miler, and even though I thought I felt good, about 11 miles in I realized I was in over my head. But of course I kept going anyway. My race report in pictures is on my blog.
    This was probably my least favorite marathon, and not just because I was hurting. The course itself was nice and flat and probably a good course to PR on, but the organization was quite poor. And I really don't expect a lot for my entry fee (it was $90 BTW), but there was no packet (just my bib) and the aid stations were more sparse than I've ever seen (a bowl of pretzels or some bananas or orange slices was it- but never all three of those at one aid station). No gels, no nutrition, and gatorade only at 3 aid stations. Good thing I come prepared to races with plenty of endurolytes and gels in my hydration pack. It took me 6:20 and I'm OK with that considering how big my pain cave was that day.
    Anywho- need to rest up for a bit. Had strep 3 weeks ago and came down with a nasty chest cold on Friday before the marathon on Sunday. I know it's my bodys way of telling me to chill the F out and rest a little.

Oh, and I earned my Marathon Maniac status. MM#6109. Woot!
    Last edited by Tri Girl; 11-15-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

TriGirl I don't know whether to say Ugh or Hooray!

Congrats on your Maniac number. Way to go digging so deep. Now rest up and feel better soon!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Congratulation Tri Girl - now take a little time off.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

BIG CONGRATS Tri Girl! I read your blog and remain in awe! Good job at just plodding along you Marathon Maniac! Rest up and take care of yourself now!

K
    katluvr

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    Congratulation Tri Girl - now take a little time off.

Veronica
    +1!!!!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher