Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Two crates are fine. The idea is that dogs won't mess up their den.

I think putting the poo in the rock yard & taking her out is a good idea. It might help her connect the dots.

If you don't feed twice a day, I would start. Make the morning meal larger so it has time to process through.

I actually like prong collars a lot more than slip collars, btw. Can't strangle themselves on prongs. Much less trachea injury too.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Cool. Thanks for the help, all! We'll give some more of these ideas a shot this weekend (when we'll be home more...ok, when I'll be home more) and let you know how we do!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    Some really good ideas. Here is my take (without actually seeing your dog.)

Last (and this is a bit gross) you can take a match (paper, not stick) & insert it slightly into the rectum to get the poop action going. People who show dogs in obedience do it because if they poo in the ring, it's an automatic disqualification. Bring rubber gloves.
    I show my Italian Greyhound, I do performance events with her and my 2 mutts and I have never seen or heard of anything like this. In the circles I know of, this would never ever been done/suggested. You could damage your dog's rectum, and the likelihood of it fully working is dubious.
    I am off at dog shows about 2 weekends/month - so been to lots of shows/trials...
    (almost every trial I've ever been to, at least one dog poos in the ring - it is an NQ and talked about, but not the end of the world and not a DQ - which is much much worse)
    My photoblog
    http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.com/
    Bacchetta Giro (recumbent commuter)
    Bacchetta Corsa (recumbent "fast" bike)
    Greespeed X3 (recumbent "just for fun" trike)
    Strada Velomobile
    I will never buy another bike!

It is done quite gently with the paper end - and only inserted about 1/2 inch. It works by stimulating peristalsis.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid