Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cycling Shorts -

To disable ads, please log-in.

I took advantage of the buy one get one free promotion that just went on at TE. No big deal, right? No this was a big deal because I never expected to ever buy cycling shorts. I've never ridden long distances with any degree of frequency but now that I'm to have a healthier heart to work with next year I plan to go longer and go faster. Besides I'm a sucker for buy one get one free, what can I say?

I got the Sugoi RPM short and the fit is perfect. Anyone else take advantage of that sale?
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

I did not. But I like your thinking!!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Ha, my DH bought me 2 pair of the Sugoi RS shorts, which I already have 4 pairs of. His theory is, eventually, you'll need more. Well, they came and I wore one pair. The chamois feels oddly wider than the other ones I have, particularly, on the bottom, near the spot where my butt attaches to my leg. It really was annoying as I was riding. I washed them and hopefully, they will soften up. Since 2 pairs of the shorts I already have are the same year/model (2011), they should feel the same. Why does this happen?
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

My partner bought the least expensive ones. They fit fine, not her favorite, but it's good to have a spare for those odd moments.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Ha, my DH bought me 2 pair of the Sugoi RS shorts, which I already have 4 pairs of. His theory is, eventually, you'll need more. Well, they came and I wore one pair. The chamois feels oddly wider than the other ones I have, particularly, on the bottom, near the spot where my butt attaches to my leg. It really was annoying as I was riding. I washed them and hopefully, they will soften up. Since 2 pairs of the shorts I already have are the same year/model (2011), they should feel the same. Why does this happen?
    Sugoi's quality control isn't all that great...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Writer View Post
    I took advantage of the buy one get one free promotion that just went on at TE. No big deal, right? No this was a big deal because I never expected to ever buy cycling shorts. I've never ridden long distances with any degree of frequency but now that I'm to have a healthier heart to work with next year I plan to go longer and go faster. Besides I'm a sucker for buy one get one free, what can I say?

I got the Sugoi RPM short and the fit is perfect. Anyone else take advantage of that sale?
    I got a pair (of pairs? ) I like them. I like the chamois, my only complaint would be that they make my larger inner thighs a bit more pronounced than other shorts do, I think because as mentioned the chamois is a bit larger, but the comfort and fit is other wise just fine.

L
    L

2011 Giant Cypress ST W
    2012 Giant Avail Inspire