Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Triathlon Apparel & Must Haves

To disable ads, please log-in.

What are the best sites to order triathlon clothing from? Are there any sites that sell larger sizes(I'm kind of in between right now, sometimes an XL is a little tight and a XXL is too big). What are some of the 'must haves' I will need? Thank you ladies
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

I got almost all of my tri stuff here at TE.

I chose to go with quality gear my first year of racing. I knew I'd enjoy the race more if I was comfortable.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I stock up on most of my stuff from TE, too, especially if I'm not sure I'll like it or of the sizing, because I know I can count on them to be helpful before and after purchasing. I trust their reviews and their team. Sometimes I buy stuff in my local tri shop, and sometimes on deal sites if I know I like it.

Sizing may run a little small, but overall mostly similar to bike gear. TE has a few things in XXL and a fair selection in XL: http://www.teamestrogen.com/product/...tsport_04.html

Since it's the end of tri season, stuff may start going on sale in various places, OR they may be low on stock between the end of this season and start of the next.

Must haves:
    Tri shorts - quick dry chamois and light. You can get them in short shorts down to 8", but a lot of brands seem to be in the 4-6" range.
    and
    Tri top - you can always use your bathing suit, but the tri top is like bathing suit material with more coverage, with or without built in shelf bra.

For short distances, I like the all-in-one tri suit, no rolling up or down of the waistband or top or unfortunate sunburn stripe on your back where a gap forms riding your bike, but it's harder to get in and out of and might not be great for practicing/training in.

If you need extra support for the girls, use a quick drying sports bra to wear under either your bathing suit or your top.

A bathing suit for pool swimming, decent goggles that are comfortable and you can see in (consider tinted for swimming outside in open water, lots of races start when the sun is coming up and bright), and a race belt is super handy instead of pinning numbers on.

If you want to add on tops for the bike/run, bike jerseys or technical tees are good choices (pick something easy to put on wet, though!). Lots of races give you a tshirt or something for doing the race, so you can start amassing a collection and using those, too

Thank you. I'm going to start shopping and hopefully find some sale/clearance items online.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

I really like this bra top.

It's so tight I usually don't attach the hook until just before I race. I forget to hook it before my last race and only noticed because I was getting some weird chafing on my back.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com