Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I also tend to have problems with heel slippage but not with my Mavic Scorpios (mtb shoes). I take a 10 in athletic shoes, and got these in a 41 though a 42 might have been a better choice. My toes are right at the end of the shoes, but the toe box is wide enough. My Shimano shoes are a 41 and are a bit too wide for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I also tend to have problems with heel slippage but not with my Mavic Scorpios (mtb shoes). I take a 10 in athletic shoes, and got these in a 41 though a 42 might have been a better choice. My toes are right at the end of the shoes, but the toe box is wide enough. My Shimano shoes are a 41 and are a bit too wide for me.
    Isn't sizing fun? My Specialized shoes are a 41 and they're fine length-wise, maybe a bit too wide but I can get a thicker sock in there. They're definitely too wide in the heel, though. I take a 42.5 in Sidi, but I haven't had a chance to try them out yet. The 41 in Mavic men's shoes (I think it was a 41) was pretty comfortable, save the heel issue.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I'm always shocked that so many wear a 10 in running shoes, but are several sizes smaller than me in cycling shoes. I may wear my street shoes too tight compared to other people, but it doesn't seem like it to me! Size 11 street shoes are too long. Could't possibly do that, but hearing Catrin, who is quite petit, wearing size 10 makes me wonder what the heck I'm doing.

I tried on a pair of men's Sidi's in a 43.5, and they fit. The 43 were too small. There didn't appear to be an issue with the heels in Sidi's. Just the price tag!
    Ya know, I STILL can't see myself as "petite" I've long feet with a narrow heel, and sizing has always been a bear for me. My shoe size ranges from an 8.5 to 10 depending on who makes the shoes and what type they are. This is just wild to me, but there isn't any standards.

I've been told that Sidi and Mavic are European style, which means a more narrow heel. I don't know about that, but I do know the Mavics fit me better than any other bike shoe I've owned or tried on. I am afraid to try on a pair of Sidis, trembling even (that is actually my checkbook trembling).

My new Mavic Arctic winter (mt. bike) shoes fit me perfectly. They are a women's 37. Although the reviews said they run large, I didn't find it so. I have narrow heels, too. Unfortunately, I had to order them from a site in the UK. Same place I got my Shimano winter shoes for my road pedals.
    I guess shops in the US don't think there's anyone left with small feet.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Ya know, I STILL can't see myself as "petite" I've long feet with a narrow heel, and sizing has always been a bear for me. My shoe size ranges from an 8.5 to 10 depending on who makes the shoes and what type they are. This is just wild to me, but there isn't any standards.

I've been told that Sidi and Mavic are European style, which means a more narrow heel. I don't know about that, but I do know the Mavics fit me better than any other bike shoe I've owned or tried on. I am afraid to try on a pair of Sidis, trembling even (that is actually my checkbook trembling).
    The only reason I'm even considering Sidi is because of where I work... Unless they are the ONLY shoe out there that fits properly. (DBF and his mom have this problem. Sidis are the only thing they've found that work for them.)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

One of the reviews I read complained about the heel coming out of the shoe. Perhaps this is a design flaw.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

Quote Originally Posted by itself View Post
    One of the reviews I read complained about the heel coming out of the shoe. Perhaps this is a design flaw.
    Interesting! I've narrow heels and haven't noted this, but it is also possible my shoes are a bit small...

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    My new Mavic Arctic winter (mt. bike) shoes fit me perfectly. They are a women's 37. Although the reviews said they run large, I didn't find it so. I have narrow heels, too. Unfortunately, I had to order them from a site in the UK. Same place I got my Shimano winter shoes for my road pedals.
    I guess shops in the US don't think there's anyone left with small feet.
    I wear a 36 or 37, do you have a link for this shoe? My Google-foo is not with me.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

evanscycles.com

It may be too late for the small sizes, but you can try.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport