Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    Would you two quit sandbagging it? Don't sell yourselves short.
    It's the antipodean way.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Who me? Sandbagging?

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    Would you two quit sandbagging it? Don't sell yourselves short.
    I'm with Trekhawk, just being realistic. BikerHen

Quote Originally Posted by tlkiwi
    It's the antipodean way.
    Yeah, but what's bikerhen's excuse?

Trust me on this one . . . old + fat = SLOW! bikerHen

Make room in the hot tub!!

Hey, Bikerhen and Trekhawk, you two better make room in the hot tub for me! I just reserved my room at the Logan Crystal Inn for Friday and Saturday nights.

Me, too!

I booked rooms at the Crystal Inn a couple weeks ago, and didn't realize I was supposed to ask for the Bonneville club... the lady on the phone couldn't find any "group" so I just booked it anyway... I'm prolly paying a few bucks more, but no biggie. I'll be there Fri and Sat, and I'm bringing at least one other chickadee from Jackson Hole.

Hot tub, here we come! Those plastic cups in the rooms are good for a tub-side beverage ...

Can we order up a side of those tasty guys in grass skirts? LOL. What happens on the road, stays on the road...

Can't wait to meet y'all!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose ...” -- Dr. Seuss

Life's an adventure! http://www.lovenewsjh.blogspot.com

Hey Ladies,

I'm booked a bit south (wanted to be on the south 'side' since I have to drive the 12 hour drive home the next day!) at the Crystal Inn Brigham City. Can I come and crash your hot tub after the ride???? Hmmm... its only 30 minutes difference, maybe I should switch hotels....

I'm hoping there will be a pre-ride dinner on Friday?!?!?!? I added myself to the list on bikejournal.com for that ride - did everyone else do that so we know who all is coming???? I'm still working on Caligurl!

Trac'

CycleSutra,

I just booked a room in Logan and the lady there (who couldn't find the Bonneville bike club anywhere) said I could call a lady named Linda tomorrow to get the rate adjusted. The initial rate was $89 so dropping it down to $72 would pay for some gas! 1-800-280-0707 is the number if you want to try it!

Tracy

Thanks Tracy !

I tried calling the Crystal Inn just now but no one answered the phone. Perhaps it's just as well, I'll hold off calling again until tomorrow and make sure to speak to Linda. Thanks for the tip !

It's going to be so fun to meet all of you

- Jo "did someone say hot tub???" bob
    Last edited by jobob; 03-12-2006 at 04:04 PM.

jobob,

there was supposedly only one room of each kind left so be sure to call early! I kept my reservation in Brigham City too just in case something went wrong between now and then!

Trac'

WOW thats great. Sounds like that hot tub better be big.
    My husband and sons are coming with me so perhaps they can be our waiters while we rest our weary legs after the ride.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Leslie
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

head's up on reservations...

If anyone has reservations and did not get the group rate, I'd suggest calling asap to get it changed! I was able to get mine changed (from $89 to $72) and I think jobob did too (they said they'd just talked to someone else on the same matter!). For some reason they had the rate for the 1st only??? that's why they couldn't find the group name.

Anyway, it appears that a phone call will get you the group rate if you don't have it already. The lady is named Linda.

Looking forward to meeting everyone too!

Tracy

oops... that would be for the crystal inn - logan

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    When I originally made the deal with Linda, the agreement was 10 rooms and she would only hold them until mid-March. So I suspect that we blew through the 10 rooms (my original "yes I need a room" count was only 5 I think!) before the mid-March deadline...which would explain why none of the other folks at Crystal Inn know about it.

If you are making your reservations now and/or calling again to have your rate adjusted, make sure you thank them profusely. We want to be able to come back next year!!

We'll also be having a Sat nite hot tub party at Casa Yellow after beer and fish & chips, I suspect!

y

I call the Crystal Inn Logan last night and booked my room (king bed) at the regular rate, and I spoke to Linda this morning, and she very graciously changed the rate from the $89 I was quoted last night to the $72 group rate.

Profuse thanks were offered, indeed !

And while I'm at it, thank you yellow for setting this all up, and thank you tprevost for the progress reports !

- Jo

I am really looking forward to meeting so many different TE gals. This will be fun. I do wonder how we will recognize each though.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com