Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

32C here and would not want to be larger. For athletic endeavors, I think smaller is better and tends to make one look a little thinner than the opposite.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    But of course, every small woman often wants more. Until they come to their senses. And it takes decades for a small woman to recognize the advantages.
    I'm pretty flat. Mistaken for a boy in college. A little more now, in my late 30s, but I'm also 20 lbs heavier than in college!

But I realized early early on that I didn't want bigger boobs. First or second year I was in college (definitely under 21) I was wearing a pushup bra, and I was playing pool, and the bra was getting in the way of lining up a clean shot!

I generate ridiculous amounts of heat when I exercise, especially from my core, and I enjoy the fact that I can bike with no bra under the jersey. If anyone wants to stare at my nipples, let 'em. Not my problem!
    "There are only two ways to live your life: You can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle" - Albert Einstein

2012 Cinelli Gazzetta della Strada
    2011 Scott Contessa Speedster 15
    1993 Cannondale H600
    1970s Western Flyer Cruiser

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I was wearing a pushup bra, and I was playing pool, and the bra was getting in the way of lining up a clean shot!
    Clearly some of us have never experienced this..like me. Alot of push-up bras on me just make me giggle. I seldom feel sexy, I feel somewhat silly because inevitably for me, it means some padding...or nowadays because of bra styles, too much padding. Ah well, pretty slim line bras are ones we can wear since we don't need so much support.

Climber, I learned a long time ago to wear a bra..especially walking around in my gear into the office and out. I still have get the rest of my stuff from my desk after changing into cycling gear in the workplace washroom.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I'm actually fine with what I have --36C. I'm curvy for my height (5 feet) but whenever I lose weight, the girls are the first to go

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Alot of push-up bras on me just make me giggle. I seldom feel sexy, I feel somewhat silly because inevitably for me, it means some padding...or nowadays because of bra styles, too much padding.
    LOL - my mistake. I meant a padded bra. Like ridiculous amounts of padding. The other problem with those? I felt like I was lying!

Also, I probably wouldn't skip the bra if I were in my cycling clothes at work! That would be a different story!
    "There are only two ways to live your life: You can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle" - Albert Einstein

2012 Cinelli Gazzetta della Strada
    2011 Scott Contessa Speedster 15
    1993 Cannondale H600
    1970s Western Flyer Cruiser

I have mixed feelings about having a small chest. A lot of time, I would indeed like more. However, when I participate in fitness classes and see women who are doubled up on sports bras, I think it's not such a bad thing being small. I can honestly say my breasts have never, ever gotten in the way of doing anything! I just accept them now that I'm in my mid-30's.

I'm holding out for pregnancy. Maybe then I'll have some boobies! For a few months anyway....
    2010 Trek 2.1 WSD

Pregnancy did nothing for my size. I got bigger (up to a full B) during the pregnancies, but I actually got smaller after my second son was born.

I admit I have been shocked to see bra sizes up to G-H in some catalogs and the array of sports bras that look like devices of torture. This definitely makes me happy with the way I am. Many years ago I had an assistant who had had a reduction before I met her; her description of the pain and annoyances she had was mind boggling. But, the thing is, she still looked huge to me, and this was after the surgery. I just never had known anyone who was this size, and I still really don't.
    I remember my mom, who was always an A, went up to a C before she died, as she gained weight from medication; she said she hated it. That probably doesn't sound big to some people, but in my family, it's huge .
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Pregnancy did nothing for my size. I got bigger (up to a full B) during the pregnancies, but I actually got smaller after my second son was born.

I admit I have been shocked to see bra sizes up to G-H in some catalogs and the array of sports bras that look like devices of torture. This definitely makes me happy with the way I am. Many years ago I had an assistant who had had a reduction before I met her; her description of the pain and annoyances she had was mind boggling. But, the thing is, she still looked huge to me, and this was after the surgery. I just never had known anyone who was this size, and I still really don't.
    I remember my mom, who was always an A, went up to a C before she died, as she gained weight from medication; she said she hated it. That probably doesn't sound big to some people, but in my family, it's huge .
    My dad's mom had HUGE boobs...and she was a short, overweight woman, so she looked spherical (at 5'3.5" and 150ish#s I am the tallest, thinnest adult woman on my dad's side of the family in recent generations). I was a D pre-kid, bloated up to that H-I, then after weaning was still a DDD. Lost weight and was still a DDD. That's when I made the appt. with the plastic surgeon. Insurance paid for my surgery, since it was reconstructive, not cosmetic. My co-pay was $1000...best grand I ever spent! I think the entire operation was in the neighborhood of $10k, and this was outpatient. I actually could have stayed overnight, but in an outpatient ward with bright lights and people coming and going. I opted to go home after dinner. It was worth the hour drive in the car to be home in my bed.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

At 4'10 and about 95 pounds soaking wet when I was in high school, I had HUGE boobs. And I mean huge. I have no idea the size (I don't think I ever wanted to know) but think Dolly Parton. I spent Grades 10-13 hiding them by wearing an extremely tight T-shirt which would pull them flat against my chest, and then my regular flouncy top on top. I NEVER wore anything that was fitted. In December 1979, I had a breast reduction. When the very idea of one was presented to me, I never considered not having one. I have never for a second regretted the reduction, and actually looked forward to the surgery. High school was awful in that respect; leering, comments, no one looking me in the eyes. It definitely shaped - no pun intended- my sense of humour. I am now a well-proportioned 50-year-old woman (a recent professional bra fitting put me as a 32D in fancy bras. Your garden-variety bras I'm a 32 B -but they don't really fit my shape of breast, thanks to the surgery) who has finally accepted that it's OK to wear fitted clothing. I cannot for the life of me understand why someone would want to cosmetically enlarge their breasts. I can understand for women who have had mastectomies, however.

I'd love to be smaller, but like you I'm not for a reduction. I'm just over five foot and a natural 40E... Because of quite a lot of teasing into my early adult years, I purposefully put on the weight around 14 years old to avoid being called a plastic tramp at a 30E -- rather, I'm now called a fat cow and my "fat" went right to my breasts anyway (pretty dumb of me I know!). But as you've said, any sort of clothing is a hassle, from buttoned blouses to swim suits to intimates to dresses... and then the constant back/shoulder pains and the awkward reaches and fumblings... eugh!
    Last edited by Swan; 10-18-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Well, I suppose it would be convenient if mine were both the same size.
    Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    I've never worried that much about my size. I suppose it would be nice to be a solid B cup, only because certain styles and types of clothing don't fit me all that well, and I've sometimes struggled to find bras that fit. But beyond that, I don't do care. Now if I only had was as apathetic about my leg shape and size.
    These two ladies have summed it up for me!. If my smaller boob matched my larger one (having had a large lump removed when I was younger just made it worse, too!) then I'd have been a nice even B cup and many clothes would fit better. I have on more than one occasion been thankful for not being larger (having been an athlete my whole life) but other than that, I haven't given my chest much thought or priority in my life.

The flip side is that not having very good boobs has taught me to be very 'meh' about them all around. Every woman in my family has had breast cancer, so when I am diagnosed, I don't doubt that I will be doing away with them immediately. They do not define me as a woman and in a lot of ways, I'm thankful for that.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post

The flip side is that not having very good boobs has taught me to be very 'meh' about them all around. Every woman in my family has had breast cancer, so when I am diagnosed, I don't doubt that I will be doing away with them immediately. They do not define me as a woman and in a lot of ways, I'm thankful for that.
    I thought I'd feel that way until it happened, but then the boobs I had been meh about suddenly seemed worthy of love. I love my boobs. I wouldn't change a thing. They're small and uneven and perfect. They look so much better in this light.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    I thought I'd feel that way until it happened, but then the boobs I had been meh about suddenly seemed worthy of love. I love my boobs. I wouldn't change a thing. They're small and uneven and perfect. They look so much better in this light.
    You know, that's a really good point. I can't possibly know how I'll feel unless it happens to me. I feel like my statement was kind of heartless and that was certainly not my intent! My apologies if I offended anyone.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    You know, that's a really good point. I can't possibly know how I'll feel unless it happens to me. I feel like my statement was kind of heartless and that was certainly not my intent! My apologies if I offended anyone.
    Oh, no apologies needed! I think you have a healthy attitude. It's just when you start researching surgery and reconstruction options, you see how nice your healthy breasts are, flaws and all.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

I never thought much about it . . . I guess I wish they were a bit more proportionate, as in I have meaty hips and thighs and nothin' up top. I have a friend who is obsessed with having bigger boobs, ours are probably about the same size except she is a size 2 and I'm a size 10, anyways, I only start to feel self-conscious about it when I'm around her.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog