Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

allabout... I would love to meet ya for lunch or dinner one day! We'll be in Sydney Sept 9th and 10th... on that weekend... the 8th is the Bridge Climb and the 11th is the blue mountains walkabout... I'm looking forward to EVERYTHING! We are hoping to do the Rocks on one of the weekend days... thanks for the additional info... I'm printing this all out and putting it with my tickets so I have it with me!

man, I bet it would be a blast to mtn bike while there, but my friend is not a rider... NEXT year I will be doing another bike tour somewhere... that will be one week of my vaca! maybe Costa Rica... we'll see... I'm a roadie and don't have a mtn bike... yet! LOL

I'm glad to hear the stuff we picked to do is good!!!

anyway, as the time draws near we can exchange info etc and plan a time to meet... how fun! I really like meeting riders that I know from the forums... I've had the pleasure of meeting lots of people for rides... very, very fun!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Nope, Trekhawk, quite far from it actually, he's a pharmacist. And I'm an accountant... so two sorta nerdy professions getting together LOL But we're cool cuz we're both into cycling!

That would be so great to meet someone from here bikerchik68!

And if you have any questions, pls don't hesitate to ask... I love telling people about Australia. It's a very unique place, and you'll have to come back and do the outback. That's an adventure of a lifetime!

Quote Originally Posted by allabouteva
    Nope, Trekhawk, quite far from it actually, he's a pharmacist. And I'm an accountant... so two sorta nerdy professions getting together LOL But we're cool cuz we're both into cycling!

That would be so great to meet someone from here bikerchik68!

And if you have any questions, pls don't hesitate to ask... I love telling people about Australia. It's a very unique place, and you'll have to come back and do the outback. That's an adventure of a lifetime!
    That doesnt sound nerdy to me. Just thought I would ask as it would have been funny if we actually knew each other in the real world.

When we come back to Aust to live it will probably be to Canberra so perhaps we can meet up for a ride sometime on my return.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Trekhawk,

So are you or DH in the RAAF?

That would be so cool! Since we've taken up cycling, we've been to Canberra twice on long weekends to do just that, because Canberra to my way of thinking is cycling nirvana. My bro-in-law works at ANU, which BTW has a huge number of cyclists about 1800 regular commuters.

We're doing Beechworth on the Easter long weekend because there's a railtrail there. See:

http://www.railtrail.com.au/

It's called Murray to the Mountains, that we think will make a nice family holiday.

C'ya!

Eva

Quote Originally Posted by allabouteva
    Trekhawk,

So are you or DH in the RAAF?

That would be so cool! Since we've taken up cycling, we've been to Canberra twice on long weekends to do just that, because Canberra to my way of thinking is cycling nirvana. My bro-in-law works at ANU, which BTW has a huge number of cyclists about 1800 regular commuters.

We're doing Beechworth on the Easter long weekend because there's a railtrail there. See:

http://www.railtrail.com.au/

It's called Murray to the Mountains, that we think will make a nice family holiday.

C'ya!

Eva
    Hey Eva thanks for the link. That looks like a great ride. I love that whole area and hope to get down that way again in the future. I will keep that link it sounds like a great family trip.

Its my DH that is in the military, I was for 12 years but left when we had children.

As far as Canberra goes Im glad its got great cycling that will keep me happy as Im afraid to say (ok Canberrans dont be offended) Canberra is not in the top ten of my favourite places to live.

Wont be back in Aust until around mid 2007 but I will be sure to let you know so we can hook up for a ride.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

hey allabouteva and trek... I know one thing I will want to purchase while there is a jersey... can you give me info on a good one that is local... either one of the bike shop jerseys ( ie: Joe's Bike Shop, Sydney, Australia) or something that I can't buy here in the States... want to get one for my brother for Xmas as well... he'll love that! thanks!

Hey Bikerchik68

There's quite a few to pick from. In the city, Clarence St Cyclery is a bit of an institution in the city.

http://www.cyclery.com.au/

I bought my Giant CRX1 from Woolies Wheels, also quite close to the city

http://www.woolyswheels.com.au/

I think you could probably get an Aussie jersey from them without too much trouble. Out in the 'burbs, my DH keeps these guys in business

http://www.blackmanbicycles.com.au/

I reckon those will get you started!

eva

me again, bikerchik68

The Sydney Morning Herald (our local newspaper) had a story about Bridgeclimb this morning that you might be interested in:

http://escape.news.com.au/story/0,91...001643,00.html

Only thing, I wouldn't even rate it as moderate. It's pretty easy.

c'ya

e

cool thanks! I'll check 'em all out...

that article was good too... I'm sure I'm gonna really enjoy that bridge climb... really glad I'm doing it...