Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tired of the small sizing....arrrrrg!

To disable ads, please log-in.

When did North Americian women become flat chested?. And why???? Are the top brands making clothing so small?. It seems to me that the clothing made overseas is not taking into account that most of us North American women have breasts larger than 32-A.
    A lot of active wear type clothing seems to be geared towards very small women, which is absurd when the "average" size of a North American woman is size 14.
    I have been looking for a high visibility water proof jacket to wear on my road bike. I can get jackets to fit around the hips, but they come to a screeching halt when they hit the girls. I even tried men's jackets on, and the sleeves and torso are way to long. Anyone know where I can find a jacket that will fit a women with breasts? I have looked at the plus size jackets on TE, but non are the high visibility killer yellow I'm looking for. (got to live up to my name
    Thanks.

Aerotechdesigns.com have a couple. I had an LBS order the LG Geminix jacket for me and it works out ok. Good luck in your search.

P2
    2018 Trek Silque SLR6 - Selle SMP Glider
    2018 Specialized Dolce EVO Comp - Selle SMP Glider
    2011 Trek Madone 5.2 WSD -Selle SMP Glider
    2013 Giant TCX W - Oura 143

I hear you. You should try tall and big breasted. Fit nice on top, but look like you are pregnant on the bottom.

Tall, big chested and over weight here. I pick up 3x sporting wear clothing for women and it looks like it might fit my 12 year old!

Interesting. My jerseys and workout tanktops are all too big in the chest.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Speaking as a 5ft 32a, I'd certainly love it if that were actually true, but the reality is there's precious little out there that doesn't fit me like a bag....
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I was just going to say the same. I'm a 32A/B, 5' 1" and only certain brands have x small jerseys and shorts. I can actually get more cycling wear to fit me than regular, petite sized clothes at this point. What petite person has an inseam of 30 inches????
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Methinks certain cycling wear lines are sleeker/tighter in overall design, ie. Castelli, etc. I would agree that cycling wear fits me better than other types of clothing, in general.

There are lots of larger sizes...are you willing to wear men's designs that look unisex? I also think it depends which region of North America. In general, it takes more effort for me to find a small size to fit me in cycling wear...usually the number of garments in my size is 1-2 on the rack in a line. Not 5-6 of same size in same line/style. I'm also 5'1" like Crankin and equally small.

I'm sorry I disagree terribly...there's also lack of clothing that accommodates petite sized women....I'm here in Canada's prairie area and MOST definitely it's for larger women. Not like VAncouver nor Toronto. Maybe what all of us are complaining might be lack of choice in our size for different types of clothing.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I'm pretty sure that no matter what size you are, you're going to have a hard time finding clothes that fit properly.

Bear in mind, too, that cycling clothing is probably cut based on patterns for the women who are essentially pro racers, and therefore leaner than the average woman.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    What petite person has an inseam of 30 inches????
    I'm 5'5" and a lot of my pants are petite.

I think manufacturers assume you'll be wearing 2 inch heels.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I've always been flat chested!

Being 5-7, 132# and 32A/B, I REALLY wish there was a size "smedium"! I need small for my frame & small chest but a medium for length. Forever in between sizes.... I think Owlie's right - no matter what size you are, nothing fits properly.

I will say I do have a PI high viz yellow jacket that is tight even on my chest when not in the riding position. So maybe their stuff does run small in the chest. I obviously never have that problem!
    2010 Trek 2.1 WSD

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    What petite person has an inseam of 30 inches????
    Me. I'm 5' 3 3/8" and wear 32" inseam jeans with my Danskos (1.5" sole). Sporthills XC pants are perfect in a size med with the long inseam. I can't wear petite pants because the legs are too short but a lot of misses size pants have too long a crotch.

I've read a few articles lately that the average cup size for American women is increasing.

I feel for the manufacturers and retailers trying to design and stock women's clothing.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by amb View Post
    I've always been flat chested!

Being 5-7, 132# and 32A/B, I REALLY wish there was a size "smedium"! I need small for my frame & small chest but a medium for length. Forever in between sizes.... I think Owlie's right - no matter what size you are, nothing fits properly.
    I totally agree - I don't know who the manufacturers use as fit models, but they have little in common with me! I end up with the shoulders and bust fitting in a small (110#, 32D, thanks mom!) and then tons of excess fabric through my torso. XS are generally too short and can be too tight in the shoulders or bust.

In a fit of frustration, I did get measured for a retailer's size database a couple of times. They were astonished that I was so "curvy." Yes, because ALL women don't have hips, butts, boobs, etc., regardless of dimensions.

I have a shebeest great divide jacket. It accommodates the chest and tapers to the waist. It fit so well that I impulse-bought it at a gear swap and haven't regretted that decision.
    Last edited by winddance; 10-15-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Methinks certain cycling wear lines are sleeker/tighter in overall design, ie. Castelli, etc. I would agree that cycling wear fits me better than other types of clothing, in general.

There are lots of larger sizes...are you willing to wear men's designs that look unisex? I also think it depends which region of North America. In general, it takes more effort for me to find a small size to fit me in cycling wear...usually the number of garments in my size is 1-2 on the rack in a line. Not 5-6 of same size in same line/style. I'm also 5'1" like Crankin and equally small.

I'm sorry I disagree terribly...there's also lack of clothing that accommodates petite sized women....I'm here in Canada's prairie area and MOST definitely it's for larger women. Not like VAncouver nor Toronto. Maybe what all of us are complaining might be lack of choice in our size for different types of clothing.
    I'm Canadian as well, and most larger name brand women clothing stores usually have a fairly extensive petite section. I occasionally wear petite size as I tend to be short waisted and they fit better torso wise, but my biggest problem is getting the chest area to fit. I wish it was too big, at least then i would have the option of taking it in.
    I'm not against wearing something unisex.....I just want it to fit and be comfortable wearing it, and avoid the dreaded squished uniboob look.

Quote Originally Posted by winddance View Post
    I totally agree - I don't know who the manufacturers use as fit models, but they have little in common with me! I end up with the shoulders and bust fitting in a small (110#, 32D, thanks mom!) and then tons of excess fabric through my torso. XS are generally too short and can be too tight in the shoulders or bust.

In a fit of frustration, I did get measured for a retailer's size database a couple of times. They were astonished that I was so "curvy." Yes, because ALL women don't have hips, butts, boobs, etc., regardless of dimensions.

I have a shebeest great divide jacket. It accommodates the chest and tapers to the waist. It fit so well that I impulse-bought it at a gear swap and haven't regretted that decision.
    That jacket is SWEET!!!!!! It's exactly what I'm looking for. Have you worn it in cold weather? Just wondering how warm it would be. I bought the Shebeest winter vibe, love the jacket but not so crazy about How it fits across the chest as its tighter than I like.