Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our new rides.

Re: Our new rides.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekDianna View Post
    Yay! Nice, have you been out on them yet?
    Went on our first ride this evening. Loved it! Mostly I spent time getting acquainted with the gears and breaks. It's very different from mountain biking.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Went on our first ride this evening. Loved it! Mostly I spent time getting acquainted with the gears and breaks. It's very different from mountain biking.
    Oh yes! My first time on a road bike I tried to jump a curb....forgot there was no suspension. It does take a few minutes to transition between the two and sometimes I still do bonehead things on each of them.
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

Re: Our new rides.

Oh yes! My first time on a road bike I tried to jump a curb....forgot there was no suspension. It does take a few minutes to transition between the two and sometimes I still do bonehead things on each of them.
    That's funny, I wasn't going to mention how at first I headed for every crack and pothole in the road because that's what I do with my mtb when I ride in the subdivision. Also, I had to realize to stop I need to get out of the saddle, not just put my foot down and lean over.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Sometimes I have a REALLY difficult time going back and forth between road, mtn. and CX bikes. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to riding one for a few days and then transitioning to another. That change from mtn. to road is REALLY striking! The road bike always feels like a fast toy for that first quarter mile or so.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2