Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Test Drive of "Ride Your Way Lean" by Selene Yeager

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am giving this book a 15 week test drive. I will be starting with the plan "Big Weight Loss" on Monday. If any one wants to join me or have tried this your self please join in.

I'll join you. I've read this book several times but in all fairness, haven't followed her plan. I'll have to adapt it to the trainer soon though, as the weather is turning lots colder here.
    Donna S

I'll join. I think I'll have to do just about all of the weekday rides on the trainer -- there are quite a few one hour rides and with an hour long commute each way, I leave the house for work before dark and get home after dark and I just don't feel comfortable riding in the dark that long. I'm game to try it though! I'll have to stock up on videos or something since I find just 30 minutes on the trainer painful!

I read this book on my ipad while recovering from an injury (when I couldn't ride). I'll break it out this weekend and skim it again so I'll be ready on Monday.

OK , first day. Liking the rest day! LOL, my weight in is 320lbs. My bike is ready and I picked up a trainer off of CL for $30. I have a gym membership so bring on tomorrow.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Just to clarify, the name of the book is Ride Your Way Lean. Focus on *lean* and fit instead of *thin*. Semantics to some but an important distinction for many of us, including, I would guess, Ms. Yeager.

It's a good book and a very doable program. I tried the century schedule but got side tracked. I wish you much success!

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Just to clarify, the name of the book is Ride Your Way Lean. Focus on *lean* and fit instead of *thin*. Semantics to some but an important distinction for many of us, including, I would guess, Ms. Yeager.

It's a good book and a very doable program. I tried the century schedule but got side tracked. I wish you much success!
    Ugg I will see if I can fix that! thanks for the heads up!

I ignored the total rest day and did a leisurely two-hour ride this afternoon. It got up to 77 today, and we won't have many more days like this in ND until spring! My starting weight is 143 (ten pounds more than I was just a year ago) so I'm doing the "Lose a dress size or more" routine.

Donna S.

I'm enjoying that today is a rest day ....because my bike is in the shop :-) Here's hoping they finish it today (they think they might) or I'm likely in the gym on a spin bike tomorrow.

I have never heard of the plan. Can someone give me the jist of it?
    L

2011 Giant Cypress ST W
    2012 Giant Avail Inspire

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    I have never heard of the plan. Can someone give me the jist of it?
    It is a book that has a set of plans to help you get lean. Also In top riding shape! it does not have a set food plan but helps you under stand what and when to eat to get the most out of your work outs.You can get the book in soft cover or a ebook.

So good so far. 1 hour ride with 30 min weight training.

I'd like to try this too, though am too overwhelmed with life right now. First I will start with deciding if I want to buy the book, or start down the electronic reader path. I'll be following along with this thread though. Thanks for starting it!

(sometimes I think I make life harder than I need to)
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

[QUOTE=Possegal;660128]I'd like to try this too, though am too overwhelmed with life right now. First I will start with deciding if I want to buy the book, or start down the electronic reader path. I'll be following along with this thread though. Thanks for starting it!

Selene is my fav inspirational athlete- she is amazing- down to earth and "real"...her blog is online and in bicycling magazine:
    http://bicycling.com/blogs/fitchick/...erhero-inside/

Good luck to all you ladies with this! If I remember correctly, the best part of this book (and all her writing) is the focus on having fun!

[QUOTE=tealtreak;660133]
    Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post

Selene is my fav inspirational athlete- she is amazing- down to earth and "real"...her blog is online and in bicycling magazine:
    http://bicycling.com/blogs/fitchick/...erhero-inside/

Good luck to all you ladies with this! If I remember correctly, the best part of this book (and all her writing) is the focus on having fun!
    Thank you for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post
    I'd like to try this too, though am too overwhelmed with life right now. First I will start with deciding if I want to buy the book, or start down the electronic reader path. I'll be following along with this thread though. Thanks for starting it!

(sometimes I think I make life harder than I need to)
    I love to have the book in hand and a highlighter ready. I have already highlighted some of the best parts and important info.