Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What Browser Do You Use?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm so tired of Mozilla (firefox) crashing. It seems like every other day, I get a crash. Changing browsers is a PIA because all of my bookmarks are on Mozilla. Yet, when I add new bookmarks, they don't always appear. Additionally, Mozilla isn't supporting some of my Norton add ons. So, I'm ready to switch.

IE used to be slower than molasses but don't know about the current version. What is everyone else using? I'm so tired of this!
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I use Mozilla and have no problems. It might be your computer. My old computer crashed quite a bit. The hard drive was on the brink and I had way too much stuff on it. It also only had 1GB of RAM, which is be low minimal these days. It was not worth upgrading so I got a new computer instead.

I use Firefox by choice at home and have no problems with it - I use Windows 7 (64-bit version). I also use Chrome (both home and work) without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    Mozilla isn't supporting some of my Norton add ons.
    Firefox with MacOS 10.6.8, the only time it crashes is when there's a script conflict, which isn't often.

I stopped using Norton products 15 years ago, because they caused constant system crashes and slowed everything down. Maybe don't be too quick to blame your browser.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

What Browser Do You Use?

I'm with oak leaf. Norton is supposed to be a huge resource suck and I haven't used it in years. But, if you really want to do something different, you can export your bookmarks. One way is booksmarks>file>export or, for IE, I'm pretty sure that if you set it to be your default browser it will as to import bookmarks.

For computer safety, years ago my tech got me off Norton. I use Malware Bytes Pro combined with Microsoft Security Essentials, ever since MSE came out.

Me: Windows7 64 bit.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

I use Firefox and Chrome. You can easily import bookmarks into Chrome if you decide to give it a try.

I don't use Norton but I've heard lots of complaints about it.

I was wondering about Norton. The firewall is a PIA but necessary because DH clicks on everything.

OK, so what protection do you use? (I'm envisioning a giant condom over my monitor..._
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

What Browser Do You Use?

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post

For computer safety, years ago my tech got me off Norton. I use Malware Bytes Pro combined with Microsoft Security Essentials, ever since MSE came out.

Me: Windows7 64 bit.
    This.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Another satified customer using Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 64 bit. I'm using IE 9, only because I've never liked the look of FF or Chrome, and I'm too lazy to fiddle with the add ons.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I use Avast because that's what my trusted local computer repair shop recommended. I've heard good things about MSE.

I switched from Firefox to Chrome about a year ago because FF seemed to be getting slower and slower for me. Chrome will import all your FF bookmarks easily, so don't sweat that at all. You can keep FF installed and download/install Chrome to give it a try.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit OS. For anti-virus/malware protection I use Vipre and highly recommend it. It's got a much smaller "footprint" and is much less intrusive than Norton. Very highly rated in independent tests as well. It's not free but very, very good.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I use Avast as well, and the Windows Firewall - never had a problem with it. For some sites I prefer Firefox over Chrome and vice versa. I left the Norton world many years ago when I had huge problems with it. I think that was Norton 98? Something like that, haven't looked back. Mcafee was fine for a time, but then it got bloated as well, since then I've gone to other anti-virus pastures.

Chrome and Avast. My brother is a programmer for some of the airlines, and that's what he recommended.
    My photoblog
    http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.com/
    Bacchetta Giro (recumbent commuter)
    Bacchetta Corsa (recumbent "fast" bike)
    Greespeed X3 (recumbent "just for fun" trike)
    Strada Velomobile
    I will never buy another bike!

Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Chrome and Microsoft security essentials. Same as both my kids and partner. Never had a problem on any of our computers.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Can you lock out Google Analytics on Chrome in any kind of effective way?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler