Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Unfortunately, I can't ride it this year as I won't have enough time to train. I broke my arm right above the wrist on 1/9 and as of this time, the doc still hasn't ruled out surgery (which would start my 6 week cast time all over). I can't tell you how bummed I am that I can't get out and ride; especially since I've recently got the 'bug' again. I am going to plan on doing at least a couple of rides up there (NorCal) this year just because many of them I've done before and they are familiar - although I imagine that a ride in mid April is about as early as I can expect to be ready. I look forward to running into you ladies at one of the rides... probably at the reg desk as I'm pretty pokey!!

Thank you for the info - I'm going to save the website so I'm on top of it for next year!!!

Tracy

Since I'm sure everyone has a computer (how else would you post?), here is a copy of the fax that was sent to me of the Cinderella registration.

http://melodybliss.org/cycling/cinderella2006.tif

Let me know if anyone has problems with it. I should have thought of this earlier but unfortunately didn't.

Mel

no answer yet regarding slinkedog's earlier question. I will post as soon as I hear something......

as for registration, you are cutting it very close mailing it in now. I mailed mine in on Wednesday and I thought that was iffy. They sent out over 4000 forms and I'd assume most people received their form by Wed/Thu and have sent it back. Of course, you can't win by not trying, right? Worse thing that happens is you get your check returned....

Keep your eye on the website to see if they post that the ride has filled. I'll also let you know if I hear anything.
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

check cashed baby!

ooohhh ooohh, I anticipate a green card coming my way
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Mine, too! Now it CAN'T rain on Saturday - I have to train - it's really real, now.
    Got my hotel room, too!

Mine three. I was worried enough it was driving the DH nuts. As I've said before I'm paranoid and a worry wart.

Mel

Me too!! Woo hoo!

Count me in, too. Check cleared today! Yippee Skippee!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Not sure if this answers Shannon's question but I think it helps:

Those persons that missed the cut-off for last years Cinderella were given priority - i.e., forms were mailed a day early.

Delays due to the USPS are unfortunate but,

---Not everyone has access or uses a computer. [I will interject here to say we call this the digital divide between the haves and the have nots or the technologically challenged (e.g., your granny) - so bravo to VS!]

---It's more expensive to go through a company to handle online registration and may require a three to five year contract with their service.

---The executive board made the decision to do things this way

--- And the secretary really likes the personalization of mail. She gets notes from riders of previous years and also enjoys seeing all the mail come in day after day. [I'm convinced!]
    Last edited by cindysue; 02-03-2006 at 07:38 AM.
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Thanks for doing the research, Cindy! I guess if it works for them, it's their party and they can do it any way they want to!! :

Quote Originally Posted by cindysue
    --- And the secretary really likes the personalization of mail. She gets notes from riders of previous years and also enjoys seeing all the mail come in day after day. [I'm convinced!]
    If anybody sees her, tell her that NOT receiving an application reduces my enjoyment. This year, it didn't matter but I can't say this for the future. I even had an email from them confirming that they received my request to be added to the list.

Just my grumbles for the day. It's Friday, right?

I suppose like anything else, there's no way to please everyone.

I often forget that there are people out there who don't use computers I'm so accustomed to paying my bills and corresponding online (which of course has its own plusses and minuses).

I have a very low opinion of using the mail to send out time-sensitive flyers like this one, though. There's a street a few blocks away from me that has the same last 3 letters in its name as my street. I cannot tell you how many times I have mail delivered to me addressed to the house w. the same street number as mine but on that other street. Sometimes it's very important looking mail, too - and I can only assume that the same thing happens with my mail. The hysterical thing is, the person who lives at the other address works for the US Postal Service - some of the mis-directed mail I get are the glossy magazines for the Postal Workers Union. Let us reflect on that irony for a moment

It's too bad this ride has gotten so big - it's wonderful that women's cycling is so popular around here, but it seems the Cinderella could become a victim of its own success ....

- Jo.

It's too bad this ride has gotten so big - it's wonderful that women's cycling is so popular around here, but it seems the Cinderella could become a victim of its own success ....

- Jo.

We may not see many more Cinderella rides as development has made if quite difficult to get permits, etc. I say ride each year you can and be glad that you did!

Not surprised at what Cindy Sue found out as that was pretty much what I was saying about online registration (I have an inside source).
    Nancy

I'm pretty sure this will be the last year I ride Cinderella. Besides the rumors of it ending, I'm just tired of the whole luddite attitude the sponsoring club has. It's not that great a ride to be worth the hassles.

No on line registration

No night before registration pickup (I'm so looking forward to spending 45 minutes to an hour waiting to check in.)

No night before registration pickup (I'm so looking forward to spending 45 minutes to an hour waiting to check in.)

Night before registration may have something to do with the facility they are using - you need access to get in, etc.

I agree- it would be nice if the day of the ride were easier. I think Valley Spokesmen has a hard time with getting enough volunteers to work on this ride. AND the people that put it together have some DEFINITE ways of doing things THEIR way (this comes directly from an inside source).
    Nancy