Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Couldn't agree with you more, Slinke. I just made an emergency run to the PO for Marty. Hopefully, someone will look at for her down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Goddess
    Bike Momma and anyone else- send me a fax number and I'll send you an app. It's okay to duplicate apps which is what I really asked TREK!

You'll need to do this BEFORE 5:30PM today or any day for that matter!

I got mine yesterday and sent it in today. Maybe yours will come in the mail today!
    BG, fax number PM to you. Thanks

Mel

Bike Momma and anyone else- send me a fax number and I'll send you an app.
    You'll need to do this BEFORE 5:30PM today or any day for that matter!
    Just PM'd you with my fax #, BG. Thanks again!
    -BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Stesseract

"I just started riding and have signed up for the Cinderella Ride, based mainly on all of your enthusiasm!"

us? enthusiastic? nah ;-)

"Does anyone know if folks from the LA area are driving up there? I'd like to carpool if possible."

I'm sure you may find some here, also welcome to TE and when you get a chance surf on over to the "Getting to Know You" thread.

Slinkdog I agree the registration process is not the best, and when it comes to the day-of it's still not good although was smoother last year than in '04.

Still they need to have sign in the night before the ride to speed the process or let me register with a last name that begins with the letter "Q". Frustrating but then once I get on the road...a nice ride.
    Last edited by Trek420; 01-26-2006 at 05:24 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Trek, BG, Thank you thank you thank you! :)

BG, Trek, thank you for faxing me the form. I filled it out, wrote out a check, ran down to the post office and mailed it priority w/ delivery confirmation. Have I mentioned I'm paranoid sometimes? But, it's all done. Hopefully I'll get in.

I just only got home. After leaving the post office had to go pick up the husband and meet up with a group of friends to see a movie (Hoodwinked) which turned out to be a great movie. I think I laughed through over half of it. If anyone here is a Foamy there's a squirrel in the movie that is _just_ like pillsy from Foamy. Best thing about the movie is that the humor is just funny not anything racy at all

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog
    You know, the whole process of registering for this ride seems weird to me. They make you get on a list with your mailing address and then send out the forms. Not everyone gets the forms at the same time, so it makes it a little unfair to those who get theirs later. However, they allow duplicated copies of the form to be used, so it doesn't really matter if you're on the mailing list or not or when yours gets sent out as long as you know someone on the list who got theirs and can make you a copy.

I really don't understand why they don't let you register online. I'm sure they have a good reason, but this process seems really cumbersome and not very fair. Maybe I'm just not seeing things straight. Does this seem strange to anyone else?
    will try to get an answer for you..........
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

You can do that? Wow!! Thanks!

Question

Does anyone know how or when we'll know if we got in? I feel like I'm applying for college! (Please let me get in - I'll be well-behaved, I swear!)

first positive sign would be it they cash your check now TE all rushes off to online banking...
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Clearly this is way after the fact, but thought I'd ask for next year... how do they handle the Cinderella entries now? This ride was my first metric about 10-11 years ago and WAY back then you just signed up and showed up! Once I get back in the saddle I'm thinking I may run up there for some of the rides... you all are making me homesick!!!

Thanks,

Tracy

Online registration & 2006 ride

tprevost- It might not be too late for this year! Just go to the Valley Spokesmen website on Google and look for Cinderella ride. You'll find it easily!

Re ONLINE registration- To do registration online requires that you set up a pay pal account. Then PayPal gets paid so much for each registration. Someone has to handle the money part, etc.

The Cinderella ride is run by a very few volunteers. The two people that are in charge have done it for years. My suspicion is they don't want to incur the extra costs and time for them to manage the influx.

Remember, for the money, this is a great deal! The money raised goes to local charities for women, another reason to participate!

I kinda like the idea of sending in a check. Old fashioned way of doing things.
    Nancy

My suspicion is they don't want to incur the extra costs and time for them to manage the influx..
    I would think that using online registration would save them oodles and oodles and oodles of time. After all, each rider enters her info and through the magic of computers you get a list of riders. The amount of information which must be manually entered for both personal data and financial transaction must be overwhelming. No way the current system saves them time. Plus, through Active, the rider pays extra. Not sure if the club incurs any costs beyond maybe the original listing. Anyone know?

tprevost, the Cinderella ain't like the old days. I first rode in 1987 with about 800 women and a whole lot less development and traffic. Something like 2400now and traffic up the ying-yang.

To enter this year, you probably need to get someone to fax the entry to you and get the form off immediately. Reg can fill up in just a couple days. The post office has not seen fit to deliver my application, otherwise I would.

Editing to say that I don't wish to blame the post office as they probably don't have an application to deliver. Through the magic of manually collecting mailing addresses, the club probably misentered my address.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 01-28-2006 at 10:43 AM.

Here is the the Cinderella website. All sorts of questions are answered here.

http://www.valleyspokesmen.org/cinder.html

I'm really on the fence about participating this year. It's such a zoo. But I sent in my reg and my check anyhow, I'll make up my mind as it draws nearer.

Oh, and SK, they're up to 2500 entries this year.

I wish they could have the option for sign-in the night before, the way so many rides do - even that "poorly organized" Tierra Bella has that.
    Last edited by jobob; 01-28-2006 at 11:20 AM. Reason: edited to be more diplomatic. for once.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    Editing to say that I don't wish to blame the post office as they probably don't have an application to deliver. Through the magic of manually collecting mailing addresses, the club probably misentered my address.
    Ah, those lovely old-fashioned ways

tprevost, I'm sure someone here can fax you a reg form. And even if you don't go we'd love to see you out on the training rides. Possibly almost as much fun!
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton